Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Scenery?

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN I DOWNLOAD SCENERY DO I PUT IT INTO THE SCENRY FOLDER OR ADD-ON SCENERY FOLDERPLEASE HELP METHANK YOU...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It really does not matter where scenery is in most cases, as long as fs knows where to find it via the scenery library.Most scenery builders supply instructions for proper installation. Look in the docs. Incidentally, many sets have automatic installation routines. I presume you know how to unzip a file. You should find a readme.doc that gives specific information.Additionally, once you have scenery in a folder, go into the fs library and follow the prompts to get the program to recognize the scenery by knowing where to find it.Finally, and thanks for bearing with me this far, as for your original question...I think it is best to set up a scenery folder outside of the fs folder...that way, if for any reason you have to reinstall fs, you do not lose your additional scenery during the process.I hope this helps clear up a sometimes confusing subject.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL