Sign in to follow this  
papalimabravo

Can't start JS4100!

Hi allI really need some help!Two problems for starting JS41:1/ When I start the tutorial flight one thing appears: I can't light on the FMS2/ The other problem is about unfeathered the props correctlythey start moving and stop half way without possibility to move them againAnd believe me I red the manual many times and follows all the procedures.I picked up all solutions layed on forum but nothing is working for me.I'm disappointed because I also bought FS2crew JS4100 voice commander and even with that it can't help me.I run win XP pack 3 - FSX with acceleration pack.I tried to load first the cessna 172 cold and dark and with power on, start JS41 cold and dark too but with no resultsSomeone could light my candle?Really thanks a lot for your answer and any solutionsPhil (in a really cold and dark situation!)

Okay, as we all know this plane is very realistic. So, therefore everything has to be done right. First You are going to have to make sure yourstop latches are in the locked position and the condition levers are at taxi. Then, Un feather the left prop by using the small switch under the throttles(left click to unfeather left prop, right click for right prop). Then the switch will return intothe center position letting you know its clear to start the left engine (if you unfeathered the left prop, not the right)! Then you must start the fuel pumps, start both of them (you can do this at begining, it dosnt matter), and click the starter switch for the left engine, note: you must first start the air for the engine, theres a little knob under the starters.Hope this helps,Steve Roberts

Thanks Steve for your help!But as I said I follow all the steps to start but the thing is the blades don't move to the final position. They stopped half way and that's it.I tried again and again, we can see the blades starting moving very slowly and they stopped to a wrong position. Strange and I don't understand why. Also the FMS doesn't start. I know there are too much problems for a single aircraft which is certainly a wonderful aircraft...Thanks for taking your time for me!Phil

Do you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration? Whichever, uninstall it from control panel reboot and re-install. Might not help but if you are having odd symptoms this has been known to help.

Dan Downs KCRP

You need avionics on to turn on the FMS. If running from the FS2Crew cold and start setting, then the GPU is available. Check battery levels with the AMPS knob overhead. Then turn on left battery, right battery and the Center Battery Assist button. After that you can turn on left Avionics master and right avionics master on.Regarding the unfeather button. It does not always work for me. If running FS2Crew the FO tells me "That prop isn't unfeathered" in that case I just click the switch again (and again). I normally just turn it left and hold it until it clicks back by itself 3 times, then start left. Then do the same for the right engine.

Helge Rasmussen

You need avionics on to turn on the FMS.
I don't think that's actually right. I thought it was separate from the Avionics bus.

Thanks all for your answer!I resolve one of these problems by reinstalling acceleration pack: the FMS is working now but I'm still like a chicken finding a knife with the unfeathered system which can't be completely in right position for start procedure. any idea? (would be great!)I'm sure I'm not the first one with this bugAll the bestPhil Le Bouteiller

The props will unfeather for starting if you use the unfeather pump but they won't stay flat because they don't 'latch' the start locks. Unfeather one and start, then unfeather the other. You can watch them feather from a spot view. Doesn't take more than a minute or so.When shutting down follow the procedure to engage start locks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanThanks for your always appreciate helpI resolved all the bugs by reinstalling acceleration pack-----------> fms is working fine nowand saved an unfeathered props situation for the props bug.It lacks a little bit of realism but its all I can do to finally fly with this so wonderful planeAny new tricks would be welcome!Thanks again for your help fellowspapalimabravoPhil Le Bouteiller

It's not a bug, the props really do unfeather if not locked. Hydraulic pressure holds them in feather position and that will bleed off after awhile.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanI think I give up with JetStream 4100. Too much trouble with it. Can't understand why the props are coming back to the feathered position when the power levers (F1) are in right position (ground idle). Can't understand why the props don't go to the full flat position while everything are set according to the manual (they stop to rotate at the middle of their run). one more thing: In FS2crew voice commander JS4100 when the FO put the plane in C and D, we can't have the blades in unfeathered position like if there is no power for props and believe me I follow to the letter all checklists... But its not your competence.I think I 'll wait for a new patch for the J4100 (as promised by PMDG). Too many customers like me are in a deadlock situation or use this plane without being close to the real procedure. :( Thanks anyway Dan for trying to help me :( papalimabravoPhil le Bouteiller

Before giving up such wonderful plane (witch is hardcore to me), I would suggest less hardcore, last chance. Reinstall Windows (I mean full reinstall, not repair etc), then with clean Windows (of course install all drivers...) try installing FSX+Accel with JS4100 only, no other addons, no .cfg tweaks, just for sure You can even disconnect game controllers. See what happens. I never give up, so that's what I would do, and as far as I know, PMDG didn't promise new SP for JS41, they only said that it's possible that sometime, after NGX...