Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

CTD with JS4100

Hi,It appears updated nav data fixed the other CTD issue I was having entering a flight plan into the FMS, but this one is weird.I started the climb out. First, it wanted to get the waypoint TRK272. Since I was manually flying to start with I flew the track as per the ND, but it wouldn't continue to the next waypoint having passed it.I flew the next two waypoints, then let it fly. I intercepted the track, and it caught it, set it to climb at 160 kts IAS and let it climb up to FL130. About this time I decided I was going to return to the departure field in a simulated emergency.I set up the ILS frequency and VOR, and set the ND to FULL/LOC1.I started the turn and descent to the airport, when about half way through a 100 degree turn it froze and crashed in ntdll.dll.I just updated tonight to the latest AIRAC 1006 from the supplied data. The routing was:EGLL RW27R DVR5F REDFA LISDA RW06 EHAMBest regards,Robin.

STrange - tried the flight again and it didn't crash this time.Seems there is bad navdata - the TRK271 then LON waypionts are erronous - it says 71 nm to waypoint. Bogus.Best regards,Robin.

Without looking at the sidstar file, I suspect that the first waypoint TRK271 might be something beyond the capability of the original Bendix FMS in this plane. For example, if the SID is TRACK 272 UNTIL 1000 then it doesn't work. The Bendix will only fly fix to fix segments and intercept courses. Nothing fancy. The fix is to fly direct to first fix per published procedure. There is more hand flying in the JS41 than the newer turbojets.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is more hand flying in the JS41 than the newer turbojets.
Sure is! :cool:Here is the SID line from the SIDs/STARs bundled with Navigraph AIRAC 1006:
SID DVR5F RNW 27R TRK 271 UNTIL 2.0 FROM FIX LON TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX EPMNB AT OR ABOVE 4000 FIX DET32 AT OR ABOVE 5000 FIX DT29A 6000 FIX DET5 6000 FIX DET FIX DVR

A shame the FMS in the JS4100 is not written to ignore commands it is not supposed to handle, considering it is using nav data known to be used by other, more advanced PMDG add-ons. :(This, and the fact HOLDs were not implemented are the only things that are annoying me. Maybe PMDG can rectify this at some point? Would be good.Best regards,Robin.

Yeah, I recommended the ignore feature but we just didn't get everything hoped for in the FMS.I've updated almost all of the sidstar procedures in my US Collection to ensure JS41 compatibility. In this case I would create a waypoint at the 2 DME from LON on that track from runway with a lat/lon and the JS41 will be happy.

Dan Downs KCRP

How did you do it? Manually edit every file or did you write an updater?Good idea on the changed waypiont. Will need to create a seperate set so I don't screw up the MD-11. :)Best regards,Robin.

I maintain a collection of 66 sidstar files, updated every cycle that are my creation. I use charts and Digital Aeronautical Information published by FAA NACO, costs me about $4 every 56 days for the DAI and the time spent is my hobby. Current collection is in AVSIM library as cycle_1006_sidstar.zip file. Have a look!I use a tool to calculate lat/lon coordinates available free from FAA called COMPSYS21.

Dan Downs KCRP

Friends,I have the CTD almost every flight, with unknown error, the simulator hangs, freeze, it is impossible to perform any action, and then I have aCTD. What It may be a problem I do not know, probably not enough memory (??), because in the process of loading and FSX working memory consumption on average 3.1GGb of 4 installed.I guess that its main reason of this situation may be (in my opinion), but I need for your help and any ideas if this is not the case

Are You sure that Your CPU isn't to much overclocked? Try it at 3.8-4GHz. FSX can use up to 4GB of RAM so as long as You don't run out of it, it shouldn't be the case, and if it was You would get Out of Memory errors. To be sure, You can set page file to 6GB.

Tests and benchmarks passed successfully, although I tried to reduce the operating frequency to 4.1Ghz, but still have a problem with the CTD. I think that it's not because CPU overcloked.Page file set at 8192, will try check it now

Page file (used to be called Virtual Memory), it's file on hdd that is used by OS as memory. But as long as You don't get OOM errors there's really no need to mess with it.Have You tried removing tweaks from .cfg file? Try running game with default cfg.

Not help anything. :( It's real problem of JS41 only, because I haven't the same bug with any other addons, with this only.