Hey,i'm gonna build a new rig and my question is,what's a good motherboard? I'm probably getting a 700w ps, an ATI 5770, not sure yet but an intel 8500 (the mobo has to be able to support intel chips) and 4/6 gigs of ram.Reinier

Hey Reinout, You may consider going with a motherboard that supports the i7 chipset, Flight sims are notoriously dependant on the Computer Processing Unit (CPU) By choosing a motherboard that supports an i7 cpu, like the Intel i7-930, later that would allow you (if you have the funds) to upgrade to CPU like a intel i7-980x. In terms of a motherboard for the i7-930, you could save some money and get a motherboard like the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. Its getting some great reviews and is feature packed for the price. You would have to check, but Im pretty sure that you could also use the ATI 5770 with your ATI 5750 in crossfire for a pixel boost for general use, Although I dont beleive that any flight sims support ATI's crossfire or Nvidias SLI . The ATI 5770 is a good mid ranged card, You probably want to use it with a 22 or 23" monitor. CheersData

Hey,i'm gonna build a new rig and my question is,what's a good motherboard? I'm probably getting a 700w ps, an ATI 5770, not sure yet but an intel 8500 (the mobo has to be able to support intel chips) and 4/6 gigs of ram.Reinier

I can strongly suggest the P6X58D, as many other users on this forum. For me it has some clear advantages above Gigabyte boards, and the price is right. Look at the comments on it on newegg.

The E8500 and E8600 are both great overclockers, I had my 8600 @ 4 GHz with no problems, and I

Wow thanks everyone so far for the help! I'll see what I can find while keeping all your advice in mind ;)Reinier

Wow thanks everyone so far for the help! I'll see what I can find while keeping all your advice in mind ;)Reinier
I just completed my build last month and I'm flying the F1 Mustang out of KSEA with PNW and UT2 at 60% with frame rates around 20. FSX is now a completely different simulator. I went with the Asus P6T because of it's long history of reliability and stable bios. Very easy to overclock. I don't know if Micro Warehouse still has the core i7 930 for $190. It was an in store purchase only.Bob..