Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

leaving freq to get wx, rwys dont match with what atc gives

Example landing and departing rwy 26L but rc will have me contact approach and issue me a different runway, once i got the opposite of where all the ai were landing, so i was going head on with all these planes. WHat is going on??

Example landing and departing rwy 26L but rc will have me contact approach and issue me a different runway, once i got the opposite of where all the ai were landing, so i was going head on with all these planes. WHat is going on??
often asked, easily explained. when you get weather 70 miles out, there may not be any ai that i can see. so i guess base on ils equipment, wind, runway length, etc.when you get to approach, i'm likely to see ai, and i choose a runway based on the ai. sometimes the two don't agree. not much i can do about it. except maybe guessing better 70 miles out.jd

There are a couple of instances dealing with weather and traffic add-ons that can affect weather further out and AI not being spotted when entering the approach.Since AI will respond to weather, and RC gives first priority for runway selection to AI, it is important that AI when present be consistent. If you use ASE for a weather add-on with DWC turned on and you are using FSX, then weather is forced into global mode. That means the weather at your destination is the same as where your aircraft is and could affect AI patterns as you fly along. In addition you will not get the current destination weather reports or ATIS as affected by METARS and your dynamic weather influence. Try setting DWC off with Global Weather off and take the option to let FSUIPC do your weather smoothing. In other versions of Active Sky for both versions of FS just turn off global weather and set the smoothing options in them and/or FSUIPC as instructed. Refer to the weather application's and FSUIPC's manuals and support forums for more information.Insure if you use Ultimate Traffic 2 that you set it to spawn AI at maximum range. For any traffic application back up FSUIPC.ini and edit in the General section the line:TCASrange=0which sets detection to maximim. This deals more with RC looking for AI as you enter approach.