Sign in to follow this  
Rebel_Without_a_Clue

MS FSX SDK installation confusion in Win7 64

I've been trying to install the SDK , read the instructions but don't see the "Tools" menu in game. Running Win7 64 and MS FSX Deluxe Edition SP2 I've downloaded the following files.. SDK SP 1a .exe; SDK.msi (which I was pointed to as SDK SP2). First thing I did was install the SDK from the original game DVD. Then I installed SDK SP 1a .exe (which told me it was removing prior versions). Then I installed SDK.msi which also told me it was removing prior version. (this one had a nice pretty picture). I tried both "quick flights" and "missions" but never did see the "Tools" menu. The SDK is installed in : "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDK" The game itself is installed in: "F:MSFS X" Am I missing something? Any ideas as to where I may have screwed things up? Txs.

I don't see .NET 2.0 in my program listing but since FSX runs fine as so other programs that require .NET I'm assuming it's built into Win7 64.
Is there an extry for the TrafficToolbox in your DLL.XML file?If for some reason Win7 didn't allow the installer to write to that file youwon't get the "Tools" menu entry. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi,I would still check if .NET is installed, AFAIK FSX itself does not need it to run. For the tools menu you might also not need it, but the GMax exporter requires it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog