Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panda_Power

FSX missions are so frustrating!

Guest Panda_Power

Hello all!Well I'm really trying hard to teach myself to fly manually and stay away from AP and I've done all the first 10 tutorials, which were OK......but then I try my first beginner mission (Executive Tour) after the last tutorial and it is so hard! I just don't see how they can classify and justify the order of these beginner missions when it goes from something fairly straight-forward to suddenly very difficult....for me anyway. I get used to flying one plane and then suddenly they put you into something really powerful with a totally different panel layout and I find myself almost at take off speed just trying to taxi to the runway! I guess I'm supposed to practice flying the new aircraft used in the missions before attempting the actual mission.I wish there was a program that just left you in one plane with a whole load of tutorials that got steadily, incrementally harder and and taught you all the basics of flying without teaching you little bits and pieces and then throwing you in at the deep end before you're ready!OK...sorry for the rant....I'm just frustrated because I'm finding this hard when I'm trying to do it properly. :( Words of encouragement and pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! :( Mark

I guess I'm supposed to practice flying the new aircraft used in the missions before attempting the actual mission.
Well, to tell you the truth (and this won't be a real answer to your question) I have never played a mission in FS at all... To me FS is about flying a plane (usually from from A to :( in a rather realistic way. As far as I can remember missions were included in FS with FSX (or FS9...?) and before that I was already flying virtually and never felt the need for missions... Afaik missions were added by MS/Aces to attract regular gamers, but I doubt if simmers do missions on a regular basis (?). Anyway, to me what you call 'practicing' is the game itself, really! I usually fly one aircraft for several weeks or even months in an area I like and that's it. So if you can't get a mission done, forget about it, step into a plane you like and simply fly! :( If you really want to finish all missions, then I guess you have to practice the new aircraft first indeed and replay each mission until you made it... sounds like playing an awful platform game to me, but hey, some folks like those, so... :(

Guest Panda_Power

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, I think I'll just stay away from the missions for a bit and just practice doing what I want to do on my own. When I get better at it, I'll go back and try again!I've got the Passenger FS addon anyway, so maybe I'll just work on that and improve my skills by taking virtual passengers on trips that I'd like to take! :(

I wish there was a program that just left you in one plane with a whole load of tutorials that got steadily, incrementally harder and and taught you all the basics of flying without teaching you little bits and pieces and then throwing you in at the deep end before you're ready!
The tutorials are pretty good for that. If memory serves me, I think they start out pretty basic and work there way up. EDIT* Oops, I forgot to mention which tutorials, and now I can't find them. It's a set of tutorials using the mission mode that someone created that you can use any aircraft you wish. I tried a google search and can't find them. I'll see if I have them in my saved disks somewhere.

Jeremy "rightseater" Fletcher

I wish there was a program that just left you in one plane with a whole load of tutorials that got steadily, incrementally harder and and taught you all the basics of flying without teaching you little bits and pieces and then throwing you in at the deep end before you're ready!
You mean like this one? http://www.fsflyingschool.com/BuyIt.aspAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Panda_Power

Now that sounds perfect!! I will try the demo out and see what it's like!Thank you!! :(