Sign in to follow this  
hightower

G Max 377 Stratocruiser & FS9

I D/L this AC which has the heading FS2002/FS2004. I have it in my FS2002 AC library where it flys just fine, but not so in FS9. The main problem is simply that I can not get it airborne. All settings are to the "read me" file for flaps, trim ,etc. I even reduced the gross weight in both fuel & payload, but it just runs off the runway. I choose JFK 13R to give me the longest run possible, but to no avail. I've also noticed this same problem with the DC-6B of Tom Gibson. What am I missing or not doing correctly here, or is this a FDE problem?ThanksChris

Guest Leonardo

Same problema here, with the 377, Avro RJ85 (it takes off but requires a lot of pitch to fly level) and freeware Cessna Skywagon / Stationair.I managed to take off with the 377 but it just won't climb, I added a bit of power in CFG file and now it flies ok...however lift is not very accurate.For the RJ85 I can't figure out how to fix it.

Perhaps you already know of this, but I discovered this the other day:I never used the E1, E2, etc commands too much before I tried this aircraft. I had the same problem (wouldnt lift off), only to realize that I didnt press E1234 in quick succession to get all engines working in synch on throttle. So in effect, i was still on like E4, (engine 4) and when I goosed the throttles to full, I only powered up one engine, and thus didn't have enough ponies to get off the ground, let alone pull a volkswagon.EDIT: Also, if you already have done the above, are you running on full realism settings? I am and it lifts off ok here- even on somewhat shorter runways with appropriate flaps settings.

Kernel 32:Yes, I was aware of this, but it is possible that it slipped by me. I have found that if just one or two engines have full throttle applied, the AC will usually pull to the left or right depending upon which engines are still in an idle mode. On second thought, I was only able to achieve 133 IAS on roll out, but that should be enough speed to create lift with 10+ degrees of flap. Couldn't raise the nose at all.ThanksChris