Sign in to follow this  
TC1

C185

I just purchase the C185 and it represents my 8th Carenado aircraft. Like the last two models that I purchased, the Arrow and the Archer, the 185 does not come with a 2D cockpit. Although I have adapted to the VC, I still like their "modified" 2D on final approach. Both the Arrow and the Archer in their modified 2D mode were a open screen approach with their gauges floating. This allow a great view of the runway on final. The 185 gauges are lock in a black background which is not very appealing and somewhat blocks the view. Is there away to eliminate the black background found on the 185? Also is there away to eliminate the "help" boxes found on the Archer and 185 modifies 2D panels?ThanksTom

I just purchase the C185 and it represents my 8th Carenado aircraft. Like the last two models that I purchased, the Arrow and the Archer, the 185 does not come with a 2D cockpit. Although I have adapted to the VC, I still like their "modified" 2D on final approach. Both the Arrow and the Archer in their modified 2D mode were a open screen approach with their gauges floating. This allow a great view of the runway on final. The 185 gauges are lock in a black background which is not very appealing and somewhat blocks the view. Is there away to eliminate the black background found on the 185? Also is there away to eliminate the "help" boxes found on the Archer and 185 modifies 2D panels?ThanksTom
I assume the "Help" box is the file info.bmp.. just rename it to info.bakOn my 185 Tundra, the gauges are actually floating.. not sure why yours are not..Does it help hitting the W key a couple of times (and using shift-1 to bring up the gauges..)

Bert

Bert,I may have a bad download. Please take a look at the Mini Panel (2D) and with tool tips on, tell me what you see. My VOR1 reads as Condition Lever and my VOR2 reads as Rate of Climb/Descent Indicator. In the VC mode both VORs read incorrectly, but they are reversed from the Mini Panel Mode. That is VOR 1 reads as Rate of Climb/Descent Indicator and VOR2 reads as being the Condition Lever.Thanks,Tom

I just went out and reloaded a second copy of the software from the Carenado Web Site. I still have the same problems. I'm running W7 64 Bit as my OS so this may be a problem between the Carenado Software Package and my OS. I'll contact their tesh support group.

I sent Carenado an email last night and this morning they sent me an updated Panel.cfg file and now everything works. Great technical support from the company. Tom

I sent Carenado an email last night and this morning they sent me an updated Panel.cfg file and now everything works. Great technical support from the company. Tom
Some of the best customer support I've seen, even outside of the Flight Sim community!