Sign in to follow this  

About Airline simulator 2 (long)

Hi simulator people!I just have to share this with you, this is so great. A week ago I bought AS2 airline simulator. I finally knocked the price down to 20 euros (20!), and to my wifes suprise I came home with yet another flight simulator program. I already have MSFS5, -98, -2000, 2002, ProPilot99, X-plane, and the best airliner addons for MSFS (PSS and Dreamfleet).Yes, AS2 has "year 1992 graphics" and it is programmed for MD-DOS. I knew it. I just thought that who cares, I paid only 20 euros for an airline simulator, no matter what. I love airliner simulations!Then I opened the box. After a moment I realised that I had bought a simulator PLUS:- a great manual including 190 pages very detailed information of MD-83 and B747-400, with all the performance tables you could ever dream of (if you like airliners).- A manual including 150 pages Aread airport and ILS approach maps.- 3 high class colour printed enroute maps (Aread)Well, this is great I thought, all this professional material cost only 20 euros.But the best part is was still ahead, the simulator itself. The B747-400 flies like a dream, but only if I fly like the manual tells me to fly. Load the aircraft, and prepare the flight using the manual (1-3 hours calculations of fuel, speeds, runway lengths, winds etc. per flight), and program the FMC right, and everything goes well. If I prepare the flight incorrecly, it may end to a total disaster. This I call realism! This sim does punish if I make a mistake. The brighter side is of course, that if I do EVERYTHING right, I have a clean nice flight, and with this simulator it feels really rewarding. The gauges move softly and they are precise. Flight planning and fuel calculation utility is included, it helps if manual calculations are too hard for the pilot. This package has all in one.I have Windows ME, 1Ghz Athlon, 512RAM,GeForce 2 GTS, MS sidewinder FF Pro I, and everything works fine with Airline Simulator 2.This is my best flight simulator experience of the year 2002. Thanks for reading, folks, and happy landings!TuuliakiTampere, Finland

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually, it is a fun simulator, sure it is a tad "clunky" when compared to the new MSFS2k2 but it has a lot of little surprises that do an excellent job-and some that are just being addressed in the new simulators.I bring home my new P4 2.0 ghz tonight, and I will load AL2 alongside the newer stuff. Hope it works on the XP Home......(sigh-cringe)Timothy

Could you guys post some screenshots if you get a chance- sound intriguing!

Thank you!Screenshots are very FS4ish, but looks like fun too!

please i need help!!!how i can ask soms qustion? in the forum???????

Hello Kookinet,depends on what your problem is - if it is related to any specific flightsim, there are special forums for most of them. Better chance of finding help there than in the general discussion forum.Anyway - your best shot is to post a separate request, instead of sticking it to an existing thread. A good subject line does wonders.And - be specific in describing your problem.Regards,Vince