Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin

Activation Screen for no reason

Hello folks,For "whatever reason", when I started FSX this am, and selected the JS41, I got the attached screen. FSX has been working flawlessly as well as the JS41.All other payware and default planes do not popup with this screen. Do I need to reinstall the JS41 ? I also have FS2Crew installed which has been working flawlessly.Nothing has changed in way of add-ons etc. I did upgrade my nVidia Driver last night but it installed fine and FSX worked fine.I did enter my JS41 activation code to no avail.Your help would be appreciated.cthiggin

I have also the same problem reinstall the JS41,, in my case I have to reinstall FSX and PMDG aircraft and I did send 2 emails, but till to day I have no reply, any help will be nice.Johnliem

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

johnliem,Well, I reinstalled the JS41 and it took it all right without having to activate.I did get an email from PMDG stating that it was a firewall problem or antivirus program interferring with activation.I sent back and told them that on this computer I had ALL firewalls turned off and no antivirus. Haven't heard back.Go figure.Thanks for your reply.Have a blessed day.cthiggin

I have had this problem. Make sure that the FLEXnet Licensing Service is started and running when you load the J41.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

TexasGary,How would you check that?? - In Win Services / or / TaskManager??Thanks for your reply.cthiggin

Tom, it depends on your OS. For Vista, I open Task Manager, click on the "Services" tab, and then click on the "Services" button in the lower right. That brings up a list showing the status of all your services. Make sure that the FLEXnet Licensing Service is started and the Startup Type is set to Automatic. Even though I have it set to Automatic Startup, my FLEXnet Licensing Service will sometimes decide to quit running for some reason. Simply restarting it and then restarting FSX and the J41 always resolves the activation code problem for me.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

TexasGary,Thanks so much and have a blessed day. cthiggin

Tom, it depends on your OS. For Vista, I open Task Manager, click on the "Services" tab, and then click on the "Services" button in the lower right. That brings up a list showing the status of all your services. Make sure that the FLEXnet Licensing Service is started and the Startup Type is set to Automatic. Even though I have it set to Automatic Startup, my FLEXnet Licensing Service will sometimes decide to quit running for some reason. Simply restarting it and then restarting FSX and the J41 always resolves the activation code problem for me.
I did what TexasGary said, but for me still does not work, and firewall is Off, but still have thosse problem, I did send 2 emails to PMDG last week but till now, I do not hear from them.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had the same problem after installing windows updates for Vista. I rolled back the update and the problem went away. I then decided to stop that particular update from installing again, and it's been fine ever since.

Make sure that the FLEXnet Licensing Service is started and running when you load the J41.
Thanks! I just got the problem and that was exactly the hint I needed. For some reason, that service had become disabled on my system.Cheers,Nick.