Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amir_Bar

strange problem

Guest Amir_Bar

Ok,last month i got my new high end pc :I7 980x OC 4GHZ6GB DDR3ASUS p6x58dSSD 160gb for fsx7200 WD for WIN7 64 bit7200 WD for VMEVGA gforce 285 1GB using 3840*1024 res with MTH2G 3 monitorsi tought this will be hell of system for FSX and will let me fly with sliders max out with my pmdg 747X.after installing windows 7 and FSX i install the PMDG 747 , REX , TRAFFIC X, UT USA , US europe , FS GLOBAL 2010 ,and few aersoft scenery.did the tweak needed for fsx.then i load my PMDG 747 in JFK airport.the problem start here on the ranway i get frame rate of 15!!(when the slider lock at 30) but after take off i get 30 lock.i tryied another airport and went to aerosoft frankfurt but the result was the same. then i tryied on LOWI and also the same i always get 15 fps when on the ground and looking on add on scenery (like manhattan or terminals on EDDF or LOWI).so i tought maybe it is the CPU so i clock it back to 3.3 and still get 15 FPS on ground tryied clock it up to 4.4 and still 15fps on ground .then tryied to OC my gforce but still 15fps on ground. so i realize that this is not hardware issue.so i tryied to play with the sliders on the sim and when i change the FPS limit slider from 30 to unlimeted the frame rate jump from 15 to 30now i can realy fly . what i cant understand is when the slider was lock on 30 why the sim didnt give me the 30 that he can with the slider set to unlimeted????why he stuck on 15 when he can give more?i could notice that its happand when i look or fly to heave scenery (like aircaft on JFK airport and i look on manhhatan X scenery)then the frame drom to 15 or even less but when i change to unlimited the frame goes up to 25 at least.so do i need to stay with unlimited or set to higher then 30??i think with heavy the best is to set the slider to unlimeted.but another problem is what i fly with light aircaft and the slider is on unlimeted i have alot of shutters .maybe with light aircaft the slider need to be lock ?????????

Guest bratonabike
Ok,last month i got my new high end pc :I7 980x OC 4GHZ6GB DDR3ASUS p6x58dSSD 160gb for fsx7200 WD for WIN7 64 bit7200 WD for VMEVGA gforce 285 1GB using 3840*1024 res with MTH2G 3 monitorsi tought this will be hell of system for FSX and will let me fly with sliders max out with my pmdg 747X.after installing windows 7 and FSX i install the PMDG 747 , REX , TRAFFIC X, UT USA , US europe , FS GLOBAL 2010 ,and few aersoft scenery.did the tweak needed for fsx.then i load my PMDG 747 in JFK airport.the problem start here on the ranway i get frame rate of 15!!(when the slider lock at 30) but after take off i get 30 lock.i tryied another airport and went to aerosoft frankfurt but the result was the same. then i tryied on LOWI and also the same i always get 15 fps when on the ground and looking on add on scenery (like manhattan or terminals on EDDF or LOWI).so i tought maybe it is the CPU so i clock it back to 3.3 and still get 15 FPS on ground tryied clock it up to 4.4 and still 15fps on ground .then tryied to OC my gforce but still 15fps on ground. so i realize that this is not hardware issue.so i tryied to play with the sliders on the sim and when i change the FPS limit slider from 30 to unlimeted the frame rate jump from 15 to 30now i can realy fly . what i cant understand is when the slider was lock on 30 why the sim didnt give me the 30 that he can with the slider set to unlimeted????why he stuck on 15 when he can give more?i could notice that its happand when i look or fly to heave scenery (like aircaft on JFK airport and i look on manhhatan X scenery)then the frame drom to 15 or even less but when i change to unlimited the frame goes up to 25 at least.so do i need to stay with unlimited or set to higher then 30??i think with heavy the best is to set the slider to unlimeted.but another problem is what i fly with light aircaft and the slider is on unlimeted i have alot of shutters .maybe with light aircaft the slider need to be lock ?????????
think of this as a factor. msfs only uses 1 of your 4 cores, so if you set your to lock at 30, then it will behave in that way. FSX is a high demand sim, and its natural behaviour to lag on frame rates when your in a high demand area. my opinion would be to move the slider around until your comfortable with your frame rates. multiple settings are good for different thing

I recommend some reading of the various performance related threads around AVSIM, especially the sticky ones.The slider mentioned set to "unlimited" was a good and well discussed choice of yours and there's surely more to come when reading on around here.Also: Of course FSX does use more then one CPU (disable all others if you like and see for yourself) and again of course it doesn't run twice to six times the speed when being executed on more cores.There are currently some "tools" advertised that promise to unlock every application to run on "more cores" - stay away from those, pure moneymaking. Windows itself, freeware or the fsx.cfg do this job just fine and will be your friends when understood, no expensive tools needed. Enjoy the wealth of free information at AVSIM :(

@ Amir_Bar:Yes you are correct that when flying heavies or in heavy demanding scenery that flying unlimited is best and what you are seeing is normal. Now flying with sliders ALL at max still is not possible with good results.@ bratonabike:Your statement is dead wrong about MSFS and its core usage. I wont even begin to explain but you will find all you need to know about FSX and core utilization by doing a search.

Jim Wenham