Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

What is Tile Proxy?

G7USLTileproxy is a utility to make internet-based photo imagery into FS9/FSX photo scenery "on the fly".It is limited by online image quality and availability, and the horsepower of your computer but it's capable of making temporary or permanent scenery wherever you want to fly.You could read the quick start guide pinned at the top of the page and get most of your answers....and the "great places to go thread just above that.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=234682There is more overhead to tileproxy than using prepared scenery so I use downloaded scenery where available - the Glacier National Park scenery at 1m resolution by Gottfried Razek at Bluesky.com is stunningly beautiful. I had flown the area with TP at 2m and enjoyed the improvement in Gottfried's version.Tileproxy performs adequately with my 3GHz dual core, but it seems to do quite well with faster quad-cores and SSD's. High res photo scenery is MASSIVE.Loyd