Sign in to follow this  
Leemazz

MD-11 new textures

I cant comment on the McPhat paints but they will be doing them at some pointLee Marrow

Thanks , should have another four done shortly two more World Airways paints , Finnair and Finnair Cargo . Lufthansa cargo coming later . The GEs look real nice . Here is a taster .Lee Marrow

Hello Lee,I always liked your paints but one thing I would really like is some wings textures like the new 747-8 has got lastly. Keep making those wonderful HD paints it will please more than few poeple out there!Thank you and let us know when it's done.Jonathan Marsh

Hello Jonathan the wing textures are based on a combination of Finnair and World Airways . MD-11 wings look a bit plastic i must have looked at over a hundred pics of the wings and spent about four days painting them , i really hope the wings look ok .Also when you install the textures you MUST change the Texture_Max_Load from 1024 to 2048 or the textures wont be in HD .Lee Marrow

The first batch of paints is there in the library now . I will be painting current liveries first . The next ones will be the likes of UPS , Cargoitalia , Ethiopian , KLM and Martinair . I guess i should do KLM next .If anybody is having problems getting them to work in HD let me know and i will try and help .Lee Marrow

Lee MarrowI downloaded and installed the Finnair Cargo HD for the MD-11F. I am flying it now from Bangkok to Helsinki. It looks very good and has caused no problems with FPS or anything else that I can see. The KLM you referred to in your post of yesterday is that a passenger or cargo texture?Thank youMichael Cubine

Glad to hear that its running ok . The KLM paint is passenger version and is available in the library . Also Avsim failed to mention on the front page the other six HD paints i have uploaded . The UPS paint didnt turn out how i expected i wrestled with it until the early hours but due to the kit and model its the best i could get without making the paintkit monsterous is size .I will paint current liveries first then on to the historical ones then the what if airlines . Remember change the Texture size in your FSX.cfg to 2048 or larger say 4096More on the way in the form of Cargoitalia for David Bartoli and Centurion Sky Lease Alitalia hybrid Lee Marrow

Two more available soon in the form of Centurion Cargo (N988AR) and Ethiopian Cargo (ET-AND) . Heres a sneak . More to come over the next few days possibly Varig , Swiss and maybe the Finnair Moomins , depends if my eyes are up for it . Eva Cargo to come and i have to do the usual Arrow Cargo tribute (my fav livery) . Post if you want a specific paint Lee Marrow

Lee MarrowHow about a KLM cargo MD-11F in HD?Thank youMichael Cubine

anyone no the status of mcphats MD11 repaints!!
McPhat's website shows a KLM MD-11 with "Comming Soon" written over it. Unfourtanely it is been that way since last fall. At the pace they move, I would expect will not see it in our lifetimeMichael Cubine

McPhat will be working on the MD-11 soon . I did work for McPhat but just recently left on personal grounds . It will be released sooner than you think but i cant really comment on what they are doing . They are a great bunch of guys over at McPhat . Also this topic is really for freeware HD textures McPhat have there own forums and release updates regular so its best to keep checking their forums . I can tell you though you will get even more detail out of the McPhat textures but you have to be careful as the model pulls the textures all over the place so you get miss lining textures ive had nightmares getting the textures to lineup correctly especially the UPS textures .I will get round to a KLM Cargo paint this sort of thing you wont get from McPhat .Lee Marrow

Lee,That HD Martin Air is just plain SICK! With your HD textures, Rex, ENBSeries light bloom and the updated Fly Tampa TNCM, together the stuff I'm seeing looks better than real ....damn near dream like. Thanx,Ken Carlin

Thanks Ken , which paint is it the full cargo or the windowed dirty version ? I have a few requests in now so expect some more paints over the weekend possibly Continental and Lufthansa Pax also some classic airlines like Novair .Lee Marrow

Thanks Ken , which paint is it the full cargo or the windowed dirty version ? Lee Marrow
I was referring to the full cargo. Ive since taken the "windowed" version out for a spin and must say the dirt is a natural. I'm not a fan on the look of the Md11 windowed cargo, but I like the paint! My 1st impression of the windowed Martin reminded me of the old Western DC10's I'd see as a kid ...they seemed to be always dirty. I loved the look. -Ken CarlinP.S. re: requestI would get some use out of the China Cargo Airlines. :-)