I have an mATX board as well. The clearance between RAM and cooler is minimal so this might affect you too. However my RAM has some heat spreaders. Bit pointless though!http://img697.images...us/i/imag0016xbThe guide is still well worth a read although I apologise if I insulted your oc skills!I have an mATX board as well. The clearance between RAM and cooler is minimal so this might affect you too. However my RAM has some heat spreaders. Bit pointless though!http://img697.images...us/i/imag0016xbThe guide is still well worth a read although I apologise if I insulted your oc skills!
Am I reading double LOL.gif I know it will proably clear everything but what im wondering about is airflow,, the Noctua btw.No harm done as for the OC

So I've been searching for info about how much tripple channel increases memory band width compared to dual channel given that it seems that faster ram does actually help performance as seen in some other thread.Looks like tightening timings from say CL8 to CL6 can barely increase BW by a 1 - 2%, so I was curious about how much of a factor tripple channel can be in that regard. This is what I found:maxxmembench.jpgversus my I5:dariomaxxmem.pngreally very little difference, Am I missing something?

Hi,I thought I'd dig up this thread again as I've upgraded from the aging 8800gts to a GTX460 1gb as recommended. I picked up an MSI Hawk for $230 with 2 free games including Street Fighter 4 FTW! (And Metro 2033, no idea what that's about)Anyway using our FSXMark07 thingy from above, I saw a 20fps average fps jump from the 8800gts, so apologies to luckyman whom I doubted as to the value of my upgrade! At the full max settings though, very little improvement, I imagine it's a CPU bottleneck at those settings!https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahq4ws8Rx4gudEtLYlE5ZGdDanc1ZG1WcVdZY1FIMUE&hl=en&authkey=CKrfrI8DI made a little spreadsheet comparing our results. I thought I wouldn't post a pic of it here yet because I imagine you guys might want to correct me or chip in with new numbers. I figured it might make a decent little comparison for anyone looking to build a new FSX system at the moment.I personally think that the i3 + GTX460 is a killer budget combination considering I'm getting an average of 50 fps with decent pictures. For example: CPU i3 ($130), mobo ($100), RAM ($100), HDD ($40 for 500gb, $99 for Kingston SSD), GTX460 1gb ($230), Case ($40), Cooler ($30), PSU ($50) = $720, overlocking balls of steel (priceless). Those are just ballpark figures off the top of my head, I'm sure with the right sales, you could do it for $650. You can also save money by getting a GTX460 768mb (around $170) but I was suckered in by a pretty cooler and a decent stock overclock for my other games. Get a bluray drive ($60), hook it up to your HDTV and you've got yourself a wicked all round home theatre and gamin PC!

5600x, 6800xt, Samsung Odyssey HMD+

Hi,I thought I'd dig up this thread again as I've upgraded from the aging 8800gts to a GTX460 1gb as recommended. I picked up an MSI Hawk for $230 with 2 free games including Street Fighter 4 FTW! (And Metro 2033, no idea what that's about)Anyway using our FSXMark07 thingy from above, I saw a 20fps average fps jump from the 8800gts, so apologies to luckyman whom I doubted as to the value of my upgrade! At the full max settings though, very little improvement, I imagine it's a CPU bottleneck at those settings!https://spreadsheets...uthkey=CKrfrI8DI made a little spreadsheet comparing our results. I thought I wouldn't post a pic of it here yet because I imagine you guys might want to correct me or chip in with new numbers. I figured it might make a decent little comparison for anyone looking to build a new FSX system at the moment.I personally think that the i3 + GTX460 is a killer budget combination considering I'm getting an average of 50 fps with decent pictures. For example: CPU i3 ($130), mobo ($100), RAM ($100), HDD ($40 for 500gb, $99 for Kingston SSD), GTX460 1gb ($230), Case ($40), Cooler ($30), PSU ($50) = $720, overlocking balls of steel (priceless). Those are just ballpark figures off the top of my head, I'm sure with the right sales, you could do it for $650. You can also save money by getting a GTX460 768mb (around $170) but I was suckered in by a pretty cooler and a decent stock overclock for my other games. Get a bluray drive ($60), hook it up to your HDTV and you've got yourself a wicked all round home theatre and gamin PC!
Thanks you Bango!! I'm telling you guys the GPU can give you a nice boost

Time to re-write those figures yeah!! I jsut got the CPU to 4Ghz!!! With my new Noctua nh-d14. Just ran the bench and these are my resultsMin: 35 Avg: 67 max:92

Time to re-write those figures yeah!! I jsut got the CPU to 4Ghz!!! With my new Noctua nh-d14. Just ran the bench and these are my resultsMin: 35 Avg: 67 max:92
Sorry I missed this, I just caught it when referring to the thread for someone else.Nice numbers! I added them to our chart. I presume this was "global high"? What about at the max settings?(Humble apologies to anyone sick of seeing this thread! Everyone welcome to contribute numbers using the procedure above)

Sorry I missed this, I just caught it when referring to the thread for someone else.Nice numbers! I added them to our chart. I presume this was "global high"? What about at the max settings?(Humble apologies to anyone sick of seeing this thread! Everyone welcome to contribute numbers using the procedure above)
Ok ill run a test at max, this was global high yes

Thanks bango :) I'll have to re-read the whole thread, cause I don't remember scoring 54 FPS heheheI screwed up many tests with the wrong settings.. I even run inadvertantly some of them with both default traffic and MyTrafficX enabled :blush:

BTW, bango, I scored 60.4 on a fresh FSX install. Have you tried the bufferpool tweak already?

I guess my results could be better too. Do you think disabling REX2 AND a fresh install will do anything...

well, it won't hurt to try. I simply restored my raptor with an imaged previouly saved and everything is back to normal now, with all the addons and stuff. You could do that too.

I guess my results could be better too. Do you think disabling REX2 AND a fresh install will do anything...

@dazz No I haven't tried BP tweak - to be honest I'm happy with my setup. I get my 50 fps with no add ons. Plus I'm currently doing some instrument work so the screen is mostly white anyway!So I saw in this and the other thread that a reinstall helped with fps. I'll probably see a decline in fps at some point.I didn't post in the other thread as I don't have any add ons. However I can see how reviewers dropped fsx as a bench tool - too many variables!

well, you could try it just for the sake of testing heheheyou just have to add this to your FSX.CFG[bufferPools]UsePools=0if you'd rather not do it it's ok, you've already been great help, so thanks again mate

@dazz No I haven't tried BP tweak - to be honest I'm happy with my setup. I get my 50 fps with no add ons. Plus I'm currently doing some instrument work so the screen is mostly white anyway!So I saw in this and the other thread that a reinstall helped with fps. I'll probably see a decline in fps at some point.I didn't post in the other thread as I don't have any add ons. However I can see how reviewers dropped fsx as a bench tool - too many variables!

All this benchmark stuff is pretty fun lolbtw dazz what addons do you have, maybe we could make our own benchmark, using addons,,,? Seems easy enough to do, just a saved flight.