Sign in to follow this  
afraj

FSX Crashing Prior to take off

Can anyone of you guys help me or check this fatal error out. I copied the content of the error from the event viewer. It shows something about atc.dllLog Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 8/10/2010 1:52:17 AMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: AA-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180eException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000208a5Faulting process id: 0xc98Faulting application start time: 0x01cb384a530a6ee4Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\atc.dllReport Id: 6e8da6a0-a443-11df-a3ad-00196677a464Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-08-10T05:52:17.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>1304</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>AA-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e17d3</Data> <Data>atc.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e180e</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>000208a5</Data> <Data>c98</Data> <Data>01cb384a530a6ee4</Data> <Data>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\atc.dll</Data> <Data>6e8da6a0-a443-11df-a3ad-00196677a464</Data> </EventData></Event>

1). Move your fsx.cfg to a backup folder - or just rename it: that will force FSX to rebuild it configuration file. If that doesn't work - uninstall SP1 & SP2, then put in your FSX Disc 1 and do a repair - then reinstall SP1 & SP2. If that doesn't fix it - I'm stumped!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

i followed your answer and i moved the fsx.cfg to a back up folder and started FSX and aviously it created a new file and i was able to fly normally. Is that the case most of the times with the FSX.cfg

Guest firehawk44
i followed your answer and i moved the fsx.cfg to a back up folder and started FSX and aviously it created a new file and i was able to fly normally. Is that the case most of the times with the FSX.cfg
When you get a CTD, rebuilding the fsx.cfg should always be tried first. Some people move their scenery sliders too high for their system or AI is set too high and it puts too many resources on a system so it crashes. Editing the fsx.cfg to add tweaks may cause conflicts too as they may have not been done correctly or they put too many resources on the computer. Rebuilding the config brings everything back to the default and that will normally fix the problem. Uninstalling/reinstalling FSX should be the very last option. Glad to see your problem was fixed!Best regards,Jim

When you get a CTD, rebuilding the fsx.cfg should always be tried first. Some people move their scenery sliders too high for their system or AI is set too high and it puts too many resources on a system so it crashes. Editing the fsx.cfg to add tweaks may cause conflicts too as they may have not been done correctly or they put too many resources on the computer. Rebuilding the config brings everything back to the default and that will normally fix the problem. Uninstalling/reinstalling FSX should be the very last option. Glad to see your problem was fixed!Best regards,Jim
just had to interject a comment into this... When you say:"Rebuilding the config brings everything back to the default and that will normally fix the problem." Does that mean that we dont have to bring the sliders down after renaming the cfg file?

Guest firehawk44
just had to interject a comment into this... When you say:"Rebuilding the config brings everything back to the default and that will normally fix the problem." Does that mean that we dont have to bring the sliders down after renaming the cfg file?
That's correct.Jim