Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

2 Questions

Hi, i have 2, quite unrelated questions, but i thought i'd ask them in the same topic to save space.1. Which aircrafts are the MD11's modelled on? In the FMC i can see that the MTOW for both the passenger and freight versions are 285.98. On wikipedia this is the MTOW for the ER-versions of the aircrafts. Is this the one the pmdg md11 was modelled after or is wikipedia incorrect?Also the max landing weight for the MD11 (pax) in the FMC is 207.x while on wikipedia it is 200, the MD11C however has an almost identical max landing weight of 208. So has PMDG modelled their aircrafts after a MD11F-ER and a MD11C?Wikipedia MD11 Specifications2. I have read a couple of posts on fuel planning for the MD11 and i am aware that PMDG cannot post fuel burn rates and that sort of info. What i am interested in is if someone know the SOP (for any airliner) relating to what kind of fuel amounts you should have for certain stages of flight, like final reserve, contingency and extra fuel. In the Cruise and Fuel plannin. pdf for the 744X the tutorial states that you should have either 24/19K lbs (international or domestic) of fuel as minimum landing fuel. Is minimum landing fuel the 744's version of final reserve?If you have any numbers that you are allowed to post for the amount of time/quantity you should add for contingency, final reserve and extra when planning for the md11 i would greatly appreciate it!Thanks

William Green

Case: CM HAF 922 PSU: Corsair HX 1000W Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe CPU: Intel i7 2600K 4.8Ghz HT Off GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2GB RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 2133Mhz (9-11-10-28-1T) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Soundcard: SB XtremeGamer PCI Screen: EIZO Foris FG2421 "240"hz OS: Win7 64

To answer question number one, the actual weight of every aircraft is different, even within the model type. The reason for this is carrier options (extra lavs, galley options, seating configs, and so on) further modify the "general" weight provided by the manufacturer. One carrier's ER will weigh several tons more or less than another. Engine type further complicates this, as some are heavier than others.I cannot answer for the developers, but chances are they either modeled the data off of a specific airframe (one specific aircraft), or averaged some numbers across a particular model. That's for them to answer, though. Either way, nobody is particularly "wrong" in the true case of the word.Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Almost every MD11 if fitted with the PIP kit which was introduced in 1996 making the MD-11ER adding a tail tank and so on . Im pretty sure the PMDG MD-11 is based on the ER version as it has a good range reaching over 7000nm .Lee Marrow

Ok, thanks. Does anyone have any info about question one?

William Green

Case: CM HAF 922 PSU: Corsair HX 1000W Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe CPU: Intel i7 2600K 4.8Ghz HT Off GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2GB RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 2133Mhz (9-11-10-28-1T) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Soundcard: SB XtremeGamer PCI Screen: EIZO Foris FG2421 "240"hz OS: Win7 64