Sign in to follow this  
fsgeek

MD-11 liveries won't show

I've been reinstalling my FS software lately and part of it involved the MD-11X. I started by copying the texture folder and replacing after reinstalling the MD-11, but the liveries didn't appear in the aircraft windows on the FSX menu. I then went for the slow method of repairing every livery separately- still no sign of them in the aircraft selection. Reinstalling software is frustrating at the best of times, but this one really has me stumped. Any solutions would be warmly welcomed.Regards,

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

Hi LouisI have just completed a similar exercise but with a slightly different approach. I re installed fsx, then my payware and especially the MD-11. Took that for a flight with default livery to check all was well. Then went to the PMDG website and downloaded the liveries I wanted directly and they are of course free. So I would not worry about trying any fancy installing by copying files etc, just get the original package installed then add the free liveries from the site and use their installers. You could tell us your operating system as mine is XP but do read that for other systems there are some insalllation quirks.Kind RegardsJohn Calleja (BAW 352)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hello Louis,maybe a really "simple" answer could be that you have to tick the box in the aircraft selection menu labeled "show aircraft liveries". It might be called slightly different I'm not 100% sure. I had the same issue when doing a reinstall and discovered the answer to be quite "straight forward" so to say.Just a thought..William

In your description you didn't mention editing the aircraft.cfg. Have you? Placing the texture folders in the MD11's folder must be accompanied by the appropriate entries in the aircraft.cfg. You must also check the box in Flight Simulator that asks if you want all variations to be displayed (on the aircraft selection pane at the bottom).Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

When copying the files failed, I installed them from the website using their installer, but it still isn't working. The 'show all variations' box is checked :( Regards,

I see you have Win7.Open the MD-11 folder and look at the top bar (where it says Organize, Include in Library, Share With, New Folder) for a button called Compatibility Files. Depending on your settings, Win7 creates background files to preserve the original file against changes by various users of the file. If there is a button, click it and look for the aircraft.cfg. If it's there, open it and you'll find the original aircraft.cfg without the livery entries. Either copy the one you've altered into the compatibility file location, or change your settings to allow user access as described below.Navigate to the folder in which your Microsoft Games folder is located (most likely Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86)). Right click on the Microsoft Games folder and select Properties. On the security tab, select the Users group (under SYSTEM and Admins.) and click Edit. Check Full Control and click OK. Click OK again to exit the properties diaglogue. Win7 will then probably run an update on the files and folders within the Microsoft Games folder, which may take a minute or two. You will now have to re-install liveries, but you will never run into file permission issues for anything installed into the Microsoft Games folder again.Hope that helps,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

I have this issue also. I tried to install a livery to check if the green crosses would disappear on the panel but they didn't of course but the livery never showed up (I use FS9.1 on Win 7)I put it down to the same problem and did not state it in my post last night on the forum but it now sounds like i have two issues not one..Broken%20Heart.gifCry.gifI might have to check the folder as you have stated Kyle and maybe that may fix the green crosses also.....fingers crossed.Praying.gif

HI Guys,Just to let you know i managed to sort out my issue with a reinstall of FS last night. the MD11 works great now along with the livers.ThanksRob

Liveries are working now, cheers guys :( Regards,