Sign in to follow this  
airliner_75

Computer for NGX

Flight1 Mustang (copilot PFD removed) – 24.0 (45% performance compared to default CRJ)
Could you test with MD-11 from PMDG which is said to have same frame rate as NGX.

What if I only have a Q8300@2.5GHz (but 12GB RAM still)? Currently still running the good old 256MB gForce 7900GS, but it's slowly smoking away. Could go for a 460 1GB possibly, but no CPU upgrade at this time. No need to run all sliders to the right. Actually, right now I run 2D clouds, no water FX, no autogen, no AI, no bloom and no ENB since it doesn't work at all, maybe due to lack of DX10 support, dunno. That's fine for me (ok ok, say, I got used to it...) and renders good framerates. Getting more and more graphic artefacts though, I am pretty sure the video card won't last much longer. I really don't know what makes sense.sig.gif

Guest dlrk

Hey, sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if my computer will be able to handle the NGX.My specs are:AMD Phenom II X2 3.1GhzNvidia GTS 250 6 gigabytes ramWin 7FSXDarrol Larrok

Guest wims

Darrol, nobody knows, as the NGX havent been released yet :(

Guest dlrk

I know, I mean judging by previous PMDG productsDarrol Larok

The i3 is fine, but I do think it'll be slower than a quad-core is all. FSX does use all 4 cores in a quad setup - yes 3 and 4 aren't as heavily used as 1 and 2 are, but there is going to be a difference.Btw, that Chris guy in that thread has no idea what he's talking about - the i7 was not "designed for OCing" and the i3 somehow not - it just happens to have a much higher potential than what Intel sold it at. No one designs chips intending for them to be OCed - otherwise they'd just make them that speed to begin with.
I agree and disagree Ryan. The i5 and i7 series K CPU's were developed mainly with overclocking in mind. That is, the cpu's multipliers are 'unlocked' making it much easier to overclock the processor. But I do agree with your analogy that if the CPU was specifically designed for OCing, then they would just create for the potential speed. Let me add one bit of info; it has been verified that the gains you receive from using an 'unlocked' i7 or i5 versus a regular i7 or i5 are pretty much negligible that is unless you do some extreme overclocking.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

That quote a while back was definitely not in reference to the K series chips I think... I'm aware of those and yes, they're designed for people to OC using the unlocked multiplier. Same deal with the Extreme line - those have unlocked multis too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That quote a while back was definitely not in reference to the K series chips I think... I'm aware of those and yes, they're designed for people to OC using the unlocked multiplier. Same deal with the Extreme line - those have unlocked multis too.
Hah! Didn't realize the date of your post. :(

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."