Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

"You have control" ?

Hello,Just purchased and installed FS2Crew for PMDG 747. I flied the tuto several times with manual on knees. All seems correct excepted some problem when the FO takes the control for TakeOff...So, I announce : Power set, 80 knots, V1, rotate (take off trim set properly), the bird take off normaly, at 1000 feet the FO call me to engage the right autopilot (I do it) then at this time the bird don't fly like expected with auto pilot, it don't follow the FD, it continues to climb above the FD, so the speed decreases and.....no flaps on shedule etc etc...The only solution is to compensate with the trim (the autopilot control nothing at this time).The autopilot control again the plane when FS2Crew give me again the control (after take off check list complete process).What is wrong ? Please don't ask me if I made some error with the FMC programmation or other, I have many years of practice on Aerowinx PS1 program :( and on PMDG 747.An other thing : the FO don't turn on his flight director during his preflight procedure (manual page 42).Anyway thank you for this program and thank you in advance for any solution about the "you have control" problem's FO.Best Regards.Richard Portier FSX Acceleration SP2, PMDG B-747, Windows XP Pro SP3

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello,Just purchased and installed FS2Crew for PMDG 747. I flied the tuto several times with manual on knees. All seems correct excepted some problem when the FO takes the control for TakeOff...So, I announce : Power set, 80 knots, V1, rotate (take off trim set properly), the bird take off normaly, at 1000 feet the FO call me to engage the right autopilot (I do it) then at this time the bird don't fly like expected with auto pilot, it don't follow the FD, it continues to climb above the FD, so the speed decreases and.....no flaps on shedule etc etc...The only solution is to compensate with the trim (the autopilot control nothing at this time).The autopilot control again the plane when FS2Crew give me again the control (after take off check list complete process).What is wrong ? Please don't ask me if I made some error with the FMC programmation or other, I have many years of practice on Aerowinx PS1 program :( and on PMDG 747.An other thing : the FO don't turn on his flight director during his preflight procedure (manual page 42).Anyway thank you for this program and thank you in advance for any solution about the "you have control" problem's FO.Best Regards.Richard Portier FSX Acceleration SP2, PMDG B-747, Windows XP Pro SP3
Hi Richard,Make sure you have all updates installed. Also, as for the FO not following the FD with the autopilot on... you're sure the autopilot was on? I'm not really sure. If the autopilot is on and the the MCP is set up properly he should follow the FD.Cheers,

Hi Richard,Make sure you have all updates installed. Also, as for the FO not following the FD with the autopilot on... you're sure the autopilot was on? I'm not really sure. If the autopilot is on and the the MCP is set up properly he should follow the FD.Cheers,
Hi Brian,Thanks for your prompt answer. Concerning the autopilot, yes I'm absolutely sure it was ON. Clearly, in my previous post above I wrote that the autopilot works like it does when the FS2Crew routine (FO take control for take off) is over.Now, about install update (may be the problem is here), this is that I did :1-Install the main program after downloaded it2-Install the last FS2Crew Flight Center update3-Install the update 1.1The actual FS2Crew Start Center.exe file is 1,86 Mo, create on thursday 8 november 2007 modified on monday 23 march 2009, Version 1.0.0.0 (curious because I installed the update 1.1)-Am I correct with this install procedure ?-If I'm wrong, concerning uninstall then reinstall, should I Restore Original PMDG 74 Panel Config File AND restore PMDG 747 Key Assignments option in FS2Crew Start Center BEFORE to proceed ?Thanks in advance.RegardsRichard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Richard,Autopilot issue: The autopilot panel is not setup if you're busting altitudes. There's a setting missing somewhere.Install order (recommended way):1. Install PMDG 747 and all PMDG 747 updates.2. Install FS2Crew Base.3. Install FS2Crew Update.4. Install latest version of the FS2Crew Start Center from the FS2Crew Downloads Page.5. In PMDG 747 tab of Start Center, press "restore original panel.cfgs" then press "set panel.cfgs" to FS2Crew.That's it!Cheers,

Hi Richard,Autopilot issue: The autopilot panel is not setup if you're busting altitudes. There's a setting missing somewhere.Install order (recommended way):1. Install PMDG 747 and all PMDG 747 updates.2. Install FS2Crew Base.3. Install FS2Crew Update.4. Install latest version of the FS2Crew Start Center from the FS2Crew Downloads Page.5. In PMDG 747 tab of Start Center, press "restore original panel.cfgs" then press "set panel.cfgs" to FS2Crew.That's it!Cheers,
Hi Brian,Seems the autopilot problem solved for me.... How ? Just to unchecked the PMDG 747 options concerning joystick and rudder overdrive the autopilot. In an other way, when this is option is checked, it "bugs" severely the VNAV logic !!!For the install, no need to install the FS2Crew update because the last downloaded version is 1.01, so.....Just an other question : when I open the 131,70 frequency menu (with green button), I can just click ONE time to have an answer to my request. If I open it and click on a request a second time there is no answer... Why ? (I don't know if my sentence is clear !?:( )By the way, this program is very nice for the ambiance, I think to buy the MD11 FS2Crew ;-)Regards.Richard Portier

Richard Portier