Sign in to follow this  
Kurby

Mute Button does not work correctly

Good morning!Yesterday I have bought this great program.Although have installed the latest service pack (SP1.1 from 14. April 2010), I have some problems with the mute button (for Online Flying).I have assign the LCONTROL.When I press it, the yellow "M" appears correctly in the display.But when I say "checked" or "Heading 2 0 0", while pressing, the F/O will become avtive.Only the checklists and modes don't start, when I am pressing the mute button.Any ideas?Thanks!Michael

Good evening!OK, now it seems that it works. Nice!But I have still another problem:I am flying a route from A to B, with a long time being enroute.When I am enroute, I turned off the "Voice Recognition" (Button VS).Minutes before TOD, I turned it on. But then I can give commands, the F/O becomes active, but he does not say anything!He loses his voice!Further idea?Thanks!

Good evening!OK, now it seems that it works. Nice!But I have still another problem:I am flying a route from A to B, with a long time being enroute.When I am enroute, I turned off the "Voice Recognition" (Button VS).Minutes before TOD, I turned it on. But then I can give commands, the F/O becomes active, but he does not say anything!He loses his voice!Further idea?Thanks!
I've never experienced the FO losing his voice like that. My only thought is that you somehow put FS2Crew out of the required 'mode'... Remember that a lot of calls won't work unless you're in the right mode.Cheers,

Hi!I think I was in the right mode!20nm before TOD I am pressing the button "Voice" to put it on again.The aircraft starts the descend, I say "Descend Checklist":-> I do not hear anything from the F/O (I think he has to read the checklists alone)-> the mode is changing to "APPROACH"I do not hear anything from the F/O for the rest of the flight.If I don't put OFF the voice enroute, all works fine.But it is not nice because I speak in the room very much. The system will recognice the words.When I say a sentence with "descend", the checklist will start....hmmmThanks!Michael

Hi!I think I was in the right mode!20nm before TOD I am pressing the button "Voice" to put it on again.The aircraft starts the descend, I say "Descend Checklist":-> I do not hear anything from the F/O (I think he has to read the checklists alone)-> the mode is changing to "APPROACH"I do not hear anything from the F/O for the rest of the flight.If I don't put OFF the voice enroute, all works fine.But it is not nice because I speak in the room very much. The system will recognice the words.When I say a sentence with "descend", the checklist will start....hmmmThanks!Michael
Hi Michael,I tried to reproduce that, but can't.As a test, go to Landing Mode and say "Flaps 1".Cheers,

Hi!I have made a short testflight:Shortly before TOD I said: "Descend Checklist" -> The FO read the checklist, I heard it on my headsets.After that I scrolled to the Descend list back.I put the "Voice Recognition" OFF for 3min.Then I have put it on again.I said: "Descend Checklist" -> I heard nothing.Then I scrolled to Landing and said: "Flaps 1" -> The FO sets the flaps to position 1 and said nothing.Same when I say "Flaps 10" or "Gear down".Michael

Hm, I have the latest driver.I have no Mutebutton at the headset, but it wouldn't help because, while I am flying, I will speak sometimes via Skype....Perhaps there is any using two soundcards?One of C-Media for my headset. This is also selected in FS2crew Config that I can hear the voices on the headset.And the other is my onboard soundcard for my FS sound.I have also changed the soundcards (Headset to onboard card), but same problem here.The selection via the "HS"-Button works fine.Michael

UPDATEOK, after my last post, I have tried several things.I have sai that I have two soundcardsA: Onboard Soundcard for FS soundB: C-Media Soundcard for my Headset(I will only use A or B now ;))At the beginning of my testflight in the config menu of FS2Crew was B selected.All works fine.Then I push the VOICE Button two times. It was OFF for 1min.The same problem appears, the FO loses his voice on headset.Then I go into the config menu and selected A.I said e.g. "before TO cecklist" and then the FO answers, but now not on the headset.Switched back to soundcard B, no voice of the FO....again back to A - all works fine.Hmm...there seems two be a problem with my second Soundcard.But when I put my headset to the A soundcard, the same problem appears.Then the problem soundcard is A and B works fine.Thanks for your help!Michael

UPDATEOK, after my last post, I have tried several things.I have sai that I have two soundcardsA: Onboard Soundcard for FS soundB: C-Media Soundcard for my Headset(I will only use A or B now ;))At the beginning of my testflight in the config menu of FS2Crew was B selected.All works fine.Then I push the VOICE Button two times. It was OFF for 1min.The same problem appears, the FO loses his voice on headset.Then I go into the config menu and selected A.I said e.g. "before TO cecklist" and then the FO answers, but now not on the headset.Switched back to soundcard B, no voice of the FO....again back to A - all works fine.Hmm...there seems two be a problem with my second Soundcard.But when I put my headset to the A soundcard, the same problem appears.Then the problem soundcard is A and B works fine.Thanks for your help!Michael
Hi Michael,Hard to say. Might be time to replace your soundcard.Cheers,