Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

Ideal FSX Install/Tweak Routine

Some time ago, I had a link that discussed an ideal routine for a clean install and initial tweaking of FSX.Are there any particular guides out there for this sort of thing right now? I'm looking to clean out my computer and start fresh, and I definitely want to get an FSX install right the first time.Thoughts? Thanks!~Nate

Nate, Take a look at this thread. This is what a lot of us use. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041
That's definitely the link I had before, excellent, thanks. Glad to see it's been kind of updated over time too.Is there any kind of special consideration for what order to install add-ons?I have GEX, UTX, FS Genesis Terrain, and I'm really close to buying REX (unless ASE is better?).I figured I at least need to get FSX installed and tweaked to a baseline, but after that, not sure what order to install these Add-Ons.Thanks!~Nate

That's definitely the link I had before, excellent, thanks. Glad to see it's been kind of updated over time too.Is there any kind of special consideration for what order to install add-ons?I have GEX, UTX, FS Genesis Terrain, and I'm really close to buying REX (unless ASE is better?).I figured I at least need to get FSX installed and tweaked to a baseline, but after that, not sure what order to install these Add-Ons.Thanks!~Nate
Nate,it's all in the guide.Follow it to the letter and you won't go wrong.

Nate,it's all in the guide.Follow it to the letter and you won't go wrong.
Well, I meant whether there's a particular order to install the add-on packages. Sometimes they kind of overlap in what they do it seems.~Nate

Well, I meant whether there's a particular order to install the add-on packages. Sometimes they kind of overlap in what they do it seems.~Nate
Yes I know what you meant. If you have to do something the guide will mention it.,otherwise (quote) 9. Install your addons one at a time, reboot in between and make sure you have the updates for them. " (end of quote).At least, this is how I understand it.

So in other words, the guide doesn't describe anything regarding order of install for various add-ons.Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? Are there any particularly well known conflicts between the various major add-ons for FSX, particularly in terms of mesh priorities or the like. I know they all specialize in their own thing, but with the overlap that does exist, I don't want to adversely affect my setup due to conflict or otherwise choosing poorly :-D~NatePS - Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until nHancer 2.6.0 comes out before I do all this anyway. I need the latest drivers for SC2 to run well, and 2.5.9 doesn't cut it anymore.