Sign in to follow this  
CaptJAKirk

fuel & weight

OK maybe I'm missing something here but how do you use the load manager to simulate the weight of the cargo and hence work out fuel loads etc for journeys? I know that in the manual for the LCF there is weights for the cargo but does this mean you shouldn't also use the load manager and also are you not meant to use the load manager for the fuel and not use the FSX standard fuel system. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi JasonAlthough I have yet to reinstall the LCF, I think that the procedure would be to use the FSX menu as stated in the LCF manual to load the weight, and to then use the drop down PMDG menu to fuel her to the value you get from either the FMC or any other fuel planner that you use, as I say I have yet to reinstall the LCF so I can not say that this is THE way, but it would be the route I would use, although I have been wrong before.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson

Jason,This is a bit of a gray area here because what we're doing is essentially just adding on to the base 400X product, so I see where the confusion is.With the LCF, you shouldn't use the PMDG Load Manager app - that's going to place other cargo loads there that shouldn't be there. That's why the custom payload window within FSX is there for LCF. When you load the various componets of the 787, that's how much they weigh - you can use that as your payload weight for fuel calculations etc.With all the other 400 or -8 variants, you can use the PMDG Load Manager just fine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So for fuel we just go up to addons and then down to PMDG and load the fuel that way or do we use the default fuel manager that's with the payload manager in fsx?

Cheers Ryan. That seems to make sense. I tried to use the load manager and the simulation came up with a warning that the aircraft C of G was not safe for flight. Jason Kirk

So for fuel we just go up to addons and then down to PMDG and load the fuel that way or do we use the default fuel manager that's with the payload manager in fsx?
Fuel stays the same - ALWAYS use the PMDG menu for fueling - we don't use the default fuel system, a lot of it is custom coded and you need to use the menu to do it correctly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Alright. I just wanted to make sure and I assumed we used the load manager from you guys to load fuel. Some people still don't understand that and try to use the default fsx fuel and payload. I think I just confused myself hehehe