3-2-1-Now

Concorde vs. 747 - Sunday Aug. 29th @ 1200z

Aircraft Type  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you flying?

• 747-400
    • Concorde

Guest Cyril_Murat

:(Hi all.The race is over for me.I had an in flight problem : no AP available.As I tried to reset my systems, I created a fatal failure.So bad.Happy race continuation for the other pilots.Cheers,CyrilIs it a problem if I delay my departure?I could try to make it again but I would have a block departure at about 1315z...Waiting for approval.Cyril

Hi Cyril,There is no problem with you departing later. As long as you beat the 747. Post you time from take off at KBOS to landing at KBOS again here. For all interested I am now at 46w going 1176kts over the ground. Life is good in ConcordeMartinco-founder of the Great Race.

Guest Cyril_Murat

I assume I respect minute between park brake at Paris and Pushback to come back?Cyril

Cyril,As in the real race Concorde flew to CDG, was on the ground for 52min and then flew back and arrived in Boston 7min before the 747. So it's the time from wheels off at Boston to wheels are back down in Boston we are interested in. Martin

Guest Cyril_Murat
So it's the time from wheels off at Boston to wheels are back down in Boston we are interested in.
OK. So it's up to me to be fait play and to respect the correct arrival shut down preparation of course back and start again with the correct procedures and c/l. I'll do it. No problem if I stay less or more than Cheers, min.Cyril

Guest Cyril_Murat

Here my log book I'll update during the race:Block at BOSTON (Terminal E): 1308Takeoff runway 33L: 1322Acceleration and Reheat ON: 1334W66°00 1346Corner Point (M2.00 @ W61°13 FL500) 1358

Guest Cyril_Murat

Help for Concorde pilots.I've made a rough calculus of the desceleration point to protect GUR.We should descelerate at almost 160 NM from GUR.Cheers,Cyril

Guest Cyril_Murat

To pilots who are doing the race: why not talking about our progression on Skype?You may find me searching cyril.fcy-mcSee youCyril (27° west)

Guest Cyril_Murat

:( :( :(Last message from me. A blue screen killed my efforts. Too late to start again.Happy end of flight for everyone.I hope this race or a similar event will be organized one of this day.Cyril

Unfortunately i'm out after 2 hours.I had a CTD. Good luck to You guys

This race should be between Concorde and the VC10. On the basis of 2 legs for 1 the VC10 would win. Especially as now since Concorde's demise the VC10 is the fastest jet transport flying!vololiberista

The result is in.MD-11 crossing time: 6 hours 59 minutes.Concorde crossing time (total): 6 hours 50 minutes.Concorde once again beats the sub-sonic aircraft by a good margin.kbosfinal2.jpgBest regards,Robin.

robin (and others that took part)...that's a great event - run it annually! a bit of team rivalry is good and running on-line will almost certainly attract increasing participation and ATC coverage.dan...in answer to your query about a map, you want a tool such as vatspy ( http://www.metacraft.com/VATSpy/ )- it shows who's connected on vatsim, where they are, etc. it's not the only one out there but it's one of the latest.

That looks pretty cool, thanks Chris! Just wish I new before the race :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The result is in.MD-11 crossing time: 6 hours 59 minutes.Concorde crossing time (total): 6 hours 50 minutes.Concorde once again beats the sub-sonic aircraft by a good margin.Best regards,Robin.
Heyyyyyy... not so, ehem, "fast" there El Capitán!I'd like to turn in a time of just under 6hrs 45min!Ok ok... not done on the day of the race... I just saw the corresponding post on FlightSimLabs Forum and thought Wow! How Fun! Just sry I didn't see it sooner.So my post is really just a FWIW post.I followed the .pdf routing: LFPG EVX1Y EVX UT300 SENLO UN502 JSY UN160 LND UM142 LESLU LIMRI 52N020W 51N030W 50N040W 48N050W YYT N98A TUSKY J575 SCUPP.SCUPP4 LWM ILSRWY15R KBOS. This can be seen (sort of) by checking out the Duenna Flight Tracking for this Flight. I’d also like to mention, I took the required payload (pretty sure anyway… 156090lbs) but I was essentially clueless as to how much fuel I would need… so I topped off the tanks (putting me a ‘smidge’ over MGTW). Since this was in the “Fun Test” category, TIA for not flogging me for taking so much. ASE was used for the Wx Engine.