I recently installed the PMDG 747-400X pkg and I decided to use a 2nd monitor to see other views while using the #1 monitor for the cockpit view. Well this works fine , but I also tried to use #2 monitor to show the pages of the instruction Manuals while still showing the cockpit on the #1 monitor.(the manual is a pdf file outside FSX on my desktop). No Luck!!! Here's how I set it up, I moved the pdf file of the manual over to the #2 monitor & opened it that worked, then I started FSX and set up a flight using the 747, when I hit the fly now button the cockpit view opened as normal but the #2 monitor with the manual pages went black??? did I miss something or is it just that you can't see anything on #2 that's not in the program running on #1 monitor? any help will be appreciated. Briars

Can't speak for FSX- but here is a pic of FS9 with the 747 manual open on my triple mon setup."747 Cockpit prep at the CYVR gate."If I recall, FS was open and then minimized so as to be able to click on the desktop Icon I have setup for the manual.(I create desktop Icons for all the components of all addons- such as manuals, fuel planners, panel cfg. etc. Very handy)Alex Reid

briars,what you are trying to do IS possible and is commonly done as january's post shows.don't know what your problem is but keep trying using windowed mode, i have no problemopening manuals and FS9 same time, fsx should too i'm sure.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.