Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindYerBeak

best/most realistic zoom level setting ?

I noticed that when I switch to wing view and I have zoom at 0.4 the wing looks way too long.If I have the zoom at 1.0 it looks much too short. Any of you know what would be the best and most realistic zoom setting for the md11 ???Thanks in advance,Vic

I've thought about that too, but in VC. 1.0 for example makes it look like a jumpseat video from youtube, 0.40 how ever makes it look like your traveling faster than you should.

Hi Vic (Full names in this forum please, thanks), This can be different for everyone. Back when I was a one monitor viewer I prefered one out, meaning I would hit backspace to reset my views to 1.0 then hit the minus (-) key once. This for me worked great and tested in in smaller planes that were closer to the ground to compare ground speed (Default zoom of 1.0 for me was zoomed in too much and it looked like I was going 1mph, when I was going 20. It may also differ if you've made any wide screen entries in your fsx.cfg. Currently I use a Matrox Triplehead2go and run three 26" screens and to get the best firld of view and most realistic I run all the way zoomed out. Prior to this set up though "all the way zoomed out" was way out of range like you're seeing in the wing view.I had a thread a few months ago on this with a boat load of pictures for comparison, but more showing my currect video setup.