Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barthandelus

Throttle Control and Range

Hi, Everyone!I was wondering of someone could give me some tips / suggestion on controlling the speed of the J41?I can get it to fly with the speed rising or lowering pretty slowly, but i was thinking of there was a way to 'fine tune' my throttle adjustments? I only have the keyboard and a joystick, no fancy controls, so i can only really use the F2 and F3 buttons.Also, what sort of NM range (roughly!) can i comfortably get out of a full tank o' gas? Iv seen mixed opinions on here, but dont wanna start a big flight and not make the runway! I know wind and pax, etc. have a factor, but im looking for an average ballpark figure if possible. Im hoping to attempt my favourite (albeit fictional!) routes: Faro (LPFR) to Heathrow (EGLL) which is about 1000nm.Thanks for your help!

As a "ballpark" figure it's about 700 nautical miles from full tanks, but you would have limit payload to achieve that. If you want to fly from Faro to London you'd have to stop off somewhere to refill the tanks, perhaps Bordeaux?Chris

As a "ballpark" figure it's about 700 nautical miles from full tanks, but you would have limit payload to achieve that. If you want to fly from Faro to London you'd have to stop off somewhere to refill the tanks, perhaps Bordeaux?Chris
Cool, thanks! Ill give that a go. If i can get above 250 without getting the overspeed warning! :-)

250 KIAS is VMO, you cannot exceed that speed without a warning, although you should record a ground speed in excess of 300 knots relatively easily.Chris.