Sign in to follow this  
raffer

How can I break the loop ?

My FSX has started to behave rather oddly.After clicking on the Icon it proceeds to install during which Ultimate Traffic 2 initializes and then afer approx 1-2 minutes the screen disappears and the programme starts to reload itself. This time however it gets past UT2 and then sits there "not responding".Nothing has been added to FSX that would suggest a clash of interests and I would be grateful for any suggestions thatmight help me "break the loop"Many thanks George

Guest firehawk44
My FSX has started to behave rather oddly.After clicking on the Icon it proceeds to install during which Ultimate Traffic 2 initializes and then afer approx 1-2 minutes the screen disappears and the programme starts to reload itself. This time however it gets past UT2 and then sits there "not responding".Nothing has been added to FSX that would suggest a clash of interests and I would be grateful for any suggestions thatmight help me "break the loop"Many thanks George
The first thing you should do is rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.old and then restart fsx and let the config rebuild. Without knowing more about your system specs it's difficult to give you additional suggestions. Best regards,Jim

It's also possible your logbook is corrupt. Rename the logbook.bin file to logbook.old, restart FSX and FSX will build a new logbook.bin file. On Win7 the file is locate in X:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. If your running XP X:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. If your running Vista X:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.You can also download a utility from the AVSIM file library called fsxlogrecovery11.zip that can in most instances recover a corrupt logbbook. I would also recommend searching the library for logbookedit-0411062225.zip which will allow you to make edits to the logbook if need be. NEVER use the FSX facilities to correct logbook entries. There is a bug with it and if you edit anything other than the last flight it WILL corrupt your logbook.Regards,Bob

I have persistent problems with corrupted saved flight files probably due to OC or memory glitches.  Not sure what setting is misbehaving but I just delete my enroute.* (default saved flight) files and start over to fix it.  Also, try rebuilding your scenery db.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

The first thing you should do is rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.old and then restart fsx and let the config rebuild.  Without knowing more about your system specs it's difficult to give you additional suggestions.  Best regards,Jim
Tried it Jim but problem remains also I am now getting an error meassageThis feature requires that (smartassembly) is available on  the computerDoesnt say what "this feature" isRegayds George