Sign in to follow this  
fsgeek

Hydraulics problem?

Hi guys,I seem to be having a problem with the hydraulics on my MD-11. Only the left-hand spoilers work at all stages of flight, which I find very odd. What's even more weird is that recently my 747-400 has been playing up whereby neither the ailerons, flaps or spoilers are being animated, but they still have an effect on the aircraft. Do you think these problems might be linked? Is it just a matter of another re-install?Kind regards,

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

Check advanced animation in your FSX setting Louis. If it's already checked, try to uncheck it, load a flight, then exit, recheck it and try again. If that doesn't help then I would run the installer again and do the repair option with admin rights.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Check advanced animation in your FSX setting Louis. If it's already checked, try to uncheck it, load a flight, then exit, recheck it and try again. If that doesn't help then I would run the installer again and do the repair option with admin rights.
You've done it again, Dan - everything's back to normal without any need for a re-install. Thanks again for the help :( Regards,

Glad to hear Louis, but for the record (and curiosity sake) was it just not checked? Or did the uncheck/recheck work?Again, glad you're squared away!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Glad to hear Louis, but for the record (and curiosity sake) was it just not checked? Or did the uncheck/recheck work?Again, glad you're squared away!
You might remember me despairing about my MD-11 liveries not working a while ago (I think it was you I got the help from) and I ended up reinstalling FS as part of my monthly maintenance. When I went through the display settings I must have accidentally unchecked advanced anims along with bloom and flare, because it was indeed unchecked when I went back, so it was just a simple matter of rechecking!Regards,