Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nudata

SWREG - Number of Downloads

First I do not like the idea of charging for something that is no cost to the SWREG outfit. All it takes is a few bytes on a disk file. It is not a "personal" download. Another $9.00 seems over the top to me.Anyhow, given that, the product outweighs the schemes of SWREG. So my question is:When you use the download option to acquire Radar Contact are you only allowed one download at the time of purchase?Dick near 5G8

First I do not like the idea of charging for something that is no cost to the SWREG outfit. All it takes is a few bytes on a disk file. It is not a "personal" download. Another $9.00 seems over the top to me.Anyhow, given that, the product outweighs the schemes of SWREG. So my question is:When you use the download option to acquire Radar Contact are you only allowed one download at the time of purchase?Dick near 5G8
it's their drive, and they charge what they consider is fair. it's over 600mb's to be exact, and it's not the disk space they have to pay for it's the bandwidth. it's not cheap, and 10 downloads is 6gb. and every user decides to download it 10 times, that's terrabytes. that's what they are trying to manage.after you download it the first time, burn it to a cd, i always do, and i never have to download again. saved my butt a couple of times. if you need to download again, let me know, and i'll send you a linkjd