Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ericd

avionics

No doubt I didn't read the manual/tutorial as good as I should, but before starting the engines, the tutorial tells me to shut off the avionic switches.After starting the engines i have to switch them on.When i do so the FMS stops working and i can start over again. If I don't switch off avionics and start the engine the same happens. The FMS switches off and I can reprogram it again.Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.Thanks for helpingEric

No doubt I didn't read the manual/tutorial as good as I should, but before starting the engines, the tutorial tells me to shut off the avionic switches.After starting the engines i have to switch them on.When i do so the FMS stops working and i can start over again. If I don't switch off avionics and start the engine the same happens. The FMS switches off and I can reprogram it again.
I assume you are using ground power for engine start:* Switch off avionics* Start left engine* Turn left generator on* Turn off ground power, disconnect GPU* Start right engine* Turn avionics back onThis will keep power on the FMS and it will not dump your programming.

I assume you are using ground power for engine start:* Switch off avionics* Start left engine* Turn left generator on* Turn off ground power, disconnect GPU* Start right engine* Turn avionics back onThis will keep power on the FMS and it will not dump your programming.
Yes, Thanks for the helping hand, No problem anymore. It is a little confusing in the tutorial.Eric