Sign in to follow this  
ssanchez

Cant get the AutoThrottle to work

Hey guys... I asked this before, but I cannot find my post...I have the 747X boxed. I bought the 747-8. The 744 flies awesome. I do not have one issue with it.The 747-8 (Freight) I cannot get it to fly at the FMC speed.It climbs correctly to its assigned altitude, then the speed never stops and keeps increasing until it goes to overspeed. I have to keep playing the levers to keep the plane in range. This does not happen with the 744. The TAT and temp never go below -20 it does not matter if Im connected to vatsim or not. Even when the temperature is at -20 with the 744, it holds the assigned speed, while the 748 does not...Any ideas?Thanks

Hey guys... I asked this before, but I cannot find my post...I have the 747X boxed. I bought the 747-8. The 744 flies awesome. I do not have one issue with it.The 747-8 (Freight) I cannot get it to fly at the FMC speed.It climbs correctly to its assigned altitude, then the speed never stops and keeps increasing until it goes to overspeed. I have to keep playing the levers to keep the plane in range. This does not happen with the 744. The TAT and temp never go below -20 it does not matter if Im connected to vatsim or not. Even when the temperature is at -20 with the 744, it holds the assigned speed, while the 748 does not...Any ideas?Thanks
What does the FMA say on the PFD to the far left? Does it have THR REF, THR, or SPD? if it doesn't then the A/T is not controlling the thrust. If it is blank, try pressing the VNAV button twice. I mean, if you can control the thrust through the levers manually then that means that either there is no active thrust mode or something is up with the settings. I'm not at my Simming computer now so i couldn't tell you. But it is something in the PMDG settings that allows the user to reject the take off by moving their thrust levers to idle, but that would de-activate the auto throttle.i hope i explained it clearly, because sometimes i know what i want to say, but i can't find the words rolleyes.gifHope i at least helped a little haha.