Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bert Pieke

Key assignments in Aerosoft AirbusX

Has anyone figured out if the key assignments for views F9-F12 can be changed in the AirbusX?I've got a joystick button assigned to the Locked Spot View in FSX, and in the airbus, it triggers theequivalent of F11 which is an AirbusX cockpit view.Even if I re-assign F11 in the FSX controls menu, the joystick button still triggers the cockpit view..

Guest anthony31fs

Yep Bert.That's so bloody annoying isn't it?I've set up FSX so F11 goes straight to the VC and F12 to the exterior view and I hate planes that mess about with this (yes RealAir and FSD, I am talking about you)The key is to remove the hotkeyselect lines from the aircraft.cfg camera definitions (you need to do it for all 4 model variations).Here is what I've done to my aircraft.cfg (made a backup of course). I've deleted a couple of the views so that I can cycle through them quicker and reset some of the zoom and view angles for how I like them. Notice how i've used // to comment out the hotkeyselect lines. I haven't done anything to the exterior views.[CAMERADEFINITION.001]Title = "MCDU VIEW"Guid = {24f54a90-eae1-4331-a89e-9aa6de42821e}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.80SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare = FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate = 20HeadingPanRate = 60InitialXyz = 0.36, -0.22,0.23InitialPbh = 61.065344, 0, 0[CAMERADEFINITION.003]Title = "PEDESTAL VIEW"Guid = {237c7e20-8f54-4035-8a6a-73338e0561e3}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = YESInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare = FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate = 20HeadingPanRate = 60InitialXyz = 0.5644, 0.2549, -0.36InitialPbh = 51, 0, 0//Hotkeyselect = 3[CAMERADEFINITION.004]Title = "OVERHEAD PANEL VIEW"Guid = {156af20e-2480-46db-a9fd-8ef38cb450bf}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.45SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare = FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate = 20HeadingPanRate = 60InitialXyz = 0.55, -0.16, -0.25InitialPbh = -60.029, 0, 0//Hotkeyselect = 4

Yep Bert.That's so bloody annoying isn't it?The key is to remove the hotkeyselect lines from the aircraft.cfg camera definitions (you need to do it for all 4 model variations).
Thank you!!That fixed it. :(