Sign in to follow this  

Airbus or Boeing?

Hey! I want to know if you like Airbus more that Boeing or vise versa? I fall somewhere in the middle. I like the A320, but tend to lean more toward Boeing heavies. So... what is it?

Neither one.Fokker Aircraft.Brent

Guest Niels_C

Hello N212NW,Generally I am an Airbus guy, I do however take a Boeing outon occasions, like when I fire up my sim! ;-)Other than that, I like the DC-10 very much (FFG), butthere are no real preference for me in the GA segment.Fly safe,-Niels

Guest glnflwrs

Boeing has been around a LONG time designing, building, researching and developing not only commercial and military aircraft, but they are the number one defense contractor in the US supplying bombs of all types including the "Daisycutter", missiles including Mavericks, Paves, Sidewinders, and SLAMs, ICBMs, the International Space Station, development and testing of the Lifting Body (DynaSoar) used in the Space Shuttle, active explosion armor for armored vehicles, and on, and on, and on.Boeing pioneered airliners. They invented heavy bombers. They are the world's leading aviation corporation.Airbus is a good plane, but the company doesn't come close to being the company that Boeing is. NOT CLOSE!Glenn F.

Piper forever ;) Otherwise, I'm a Boeing guy.Scott

Guest Airbus_A340

glnflwrs, yes but for Airbus to gain about half the market share for airliners in the world in such a short time, THAT impresses me.I'm a bit of both, I like both of their products.

Heaviest thing I fly is Concorde just wish I had one with a VC - other than that I have only had a quick fly of the default ie Boeing heavies......Not really that impressed !!(Just noticed this is not the FS forum - oops)Pretty impressive how well Airbus is getting on considering the age of the company, also it is great to see that there are alternatives to Boeing in the industry. Should be pretty interesting to see what happens when the A-380 enters service !!

Guest glnflwrs

No doubt, sir, Airbus has come on strong and makes excellent aircraft. They have built their company and aircraft on a strong base of quality and attention to detail. But...My dad was the chief tool/die maker for Boeing Military Division from 1947-1961. That's why the B-52 is such a durable airframe. :>) And I guess that's why I'm partial to Boeing. Can't argue with that now.I'm just being a brat though. Airbus, I'm told by frequent flyers, has the smoothest and quietest ride of any big jet. They're doing alot of thing right or they wouldn't be selling planes.Adios,Glenn Flowers

Guest Dominik Mann

With very few exceptions (727s and classic 737s) I'm an Airbus guy. I think gaining about 50% of the airliner market within only 25-30 years (don't know for sure) is proof enough of the quality of their products.Also, don't I have to be supportive of the European aerospace industries (see my sig) ? ;-)

Guest Scott Campbell

Trevor,Not to sound too off here, but isn't that a 747 in your sig?

Guest Scott Campbell

Kevin,They both have their markets and positives and negatives. For medium-range, I prefer the A320 (in real life), because they're more comfortable. For speed and overall performance I prefer a 757. For just the sheer size and awesome power, I prefer the 747, although A340's are very nice. In general, I prefer the big Boeings except for the 767, which I really don't like. I prefer the smaller Airbuses.In FS, I'm replacing my 742's with A340's so I have more range and fuel economy. In the real world they're a whole lot cheaper, too.My FS fleet now consists of: 747-400, A340, 777, 757, A320 replacing the 737-400 and -700, A319 to replace my 737-500, Bombardier Dash-8-Q400 and Bombardier CRJ-200ER. So there's an even mix.

Guest Airbus_A340

>Trevor, >>Not to sound too off here, but isn't that a 747 in your sig? No Scott, look again.

This is completely silly but I have personal bias for certain aircraft types.737-200 & 727-200 used to fly on them a lot. Great classic planes.Always loved the 737-300 with the nice CFM engines. 737NG

Eric Thornton

Guest Scott Campbell

What both manufacturers need to do is stop thinking bigger, and get into faster. If the Boeing concept plane ever gets started, I'll be one happy camper. I hate the time it takes to fly, and with the ridiculous time waiting in security lines, I don't want to then sit in an uncomfortable, stiff seat for 15 hours, eating cruddy food.To Airbus and Boeing: FASTER not BIGGER. Hell will freeze over before I fly an A380.