Sign in to follow this  
Que

AC not parking in AFCAD designated posits

Since i have installed Win 7 I can not get AI traffic to park in their designated positions including my own new Hughes Airwest traffic. I have installed then clean reinstall then another clean reinstall after the first did not work.What the frak am I doing wrong? Also with all the AI sliders Max'd (traffic and dynamic scenery) I do not get alot of traffic except for ASA at SEATAC, all other airports very little traffic and no airline parks where they should. Thier are no dup AFCADSand this was not a problem until win7. Both WOAI and PAI workrd good under the dreaded WinXP Home Ed. Has anyone suffered the same? If so how did u fix?Thanks.....

Since i have installed Win 7 I can not get AI traffic to park in their designated positions including my own new Hughes Airwest traffic. I have installed then clean reinstall then another clean reinstall after the first did not work.What the frak am I doing wrong? Also with all the AI sliders Max'd (traffic and dynamic scenery) I do not get alot of traffic except for ASA at SEATAC, all other airports very little traffic and no airline parks where they should. Thier are no dup AFCADSand this was not a problem until win7. Both WOAI and PAI workrd good under the dreaded WinXP Home Ed. Has anyone suffered the same? If so how did u fix?Thanks.....
There are several things to consider:But first I am curious why you refer to XP Home as "dreaded"? It has been the most stable OS I have ever used.To your questions:You really should install FS2004 in some location other than under the default Program files - a better location would be under C:\FSGames or just C:\FS2004. Doing that will help avoid many of the "security and permission" issues which abound in Win 7. There are many threads relating to that suggestion - especially in the dedicated Win 7 forum.I would also suggest you Right click on the FS9.exe file and under the Compatibility tab, set it to "run as adminstrator".When you installed your aircraft (the ones being used as AI Traffic) did you ensure the proper parking code was added to the aircraft.cfg file for each used variation? Example:atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=AAL (that would be for American Airlines)and did you check the afcads for the airports in question to be sure the matching code is assigned to parking spaces of the correct radius?ATC "should" direct your AI craft correctly if those criteria are met and there is sufficient parking available of the correct radius.Hope those thoughts are helpful.

Thanks for the input. Sadly I have done all of your suggestions prior to my post since I have read all the post on this and related topics. I learned with REX about win7 permissions, as for XP Home for me it was not reliable except that the AI traffic worked. I have a dedicated 500gb Flight Sim hd and I am running Win7 64bit w/ 3.2ghz Duo Core 6 gb of memory and 320 gb video card. I have very few airlines parking where they should. Odd thing is Alaska, American, Delta and Southwest park where they should for the most part. But no matter what I have tried so far, my Hughes Airwest traffic refuses to park at the gate, HAW is the parking code assigned and I do not have duplicate AFCADs, the rest of the airlines just seem to park where they want and ignore the parking codes. Also with my dynamic senery slider is max'd and traffic set at 100% only Alaska shows up in numbers. there rest are 1's and 2's if they even show up, United shows up rarely!?! Never experienced this with XP. I have used both PAI and WOAI with the same results, quite frustrating. I have reformated my hd now for the 4th time trying yet another fresh install. This hobbie is becoming more of a task and less enjoyable with this troubling issue. I took an 8 month break when this issue first started after 2 unsuccessful fresh reinstalls without a resolution. List of FS related programs running:FS9.1REXActiveSky AdavancedUltimate Terran USAFlyTampa KSEAContrail ProAI SmoothFS ConfiguratorEditVoicepack 3.1FSUIPC 3.98 (registered)AFCADs 2.21 and AFXFS Global 2010I have tried FlyTampa KSFO, KORD, KBOS, Amsterdam....all with the same issues. I really do not know what to look for next. Any further suggestions? Greatly appreciate all of your help.ThanksJohn "Que" Urry.

I kind of doubt Win 7 is involved, and I can say I have never, or at least very rarely, head of a case where a reinstall fixed anything.What I would recommend is to install ACA2005 which can look for and show you most of what's needed to get AI working correctly in FS9. About the only thing I don't think it does is look at the radius in the aircraft .mdl model file so it can be compared to parking spot radius size. If everything looks OK in ACA2005 I would install the traffic toolbox from FS9 sdk and use the traffic explorer to see what traffic is active. If you don't want or like traffic toolbox I think there is also a variation that runs with fsuipc traffic viewboard (don't use this one myself).Links are here:http://www.world-of-ai.com/downloads.htmlscott s..

I'm no expert on the subject, but a couple of questions:1) Are your HAW parking spots being occupied by other airlines, or do they remain empty?2) If they are being occupied, do the airline codes for these airlines start with a letter before 'H' in the alphabet?The reason for asking is that it may just be a case of there being no spaces available, or of sufficient radius for the other airlines to use, so they just 'steal' HAW's. I have observed this when first starting FS as I believe (again, I'm no expert) that parking positions are alocated based upon (amongst other things) the alphabetical order of the airline codes.I guess this could be proven by temporarily asigning the parking code for HAW to AAA and seeing what happens...