Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Putting Planes in FS9

The first two planes I put in FS9 went in, I found & flew them, butsince then they never show up, and can't find them to fly them.Even the simple drag & drop a folder in , don't seem to ever get there....Any idea what might be wrong, or what I need to do to fix?Thank you EddieW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Eddie,When a new plane isn't showing up in my aircraft selection menu, one of the first things I check is the aircraft.cfg file. The line "ui_manufacturer=..." tells me where to start looking for the plane. (Of course, there could be other things fouled up, but this is doublecheck #1.)John

Thanks, but it dosn't seem to make any difference which plane, have tried the Duke 04 - 2 folders one the plane, the other guages - also Spitfire Mark IV, one folder, the Twin Otters, P-38 and others I don't remember, the folders go in, yet no planes.....Perhaps need to uninstall & re-install, the Waco set went in, the V-tail Baron & Socatta...nothing since. Eddie

Sorry, just posting to stay current. Does anybody know a better way to do this?Gary

Eddie:In the aircraft.cfg file, check to make sure that the line sim= reflects the EXACT name of the .air file being used or that you see in the particular aircraft's folder[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-300_FXsim=Boeing737-300 <----The name of the .air file (see pic below)model=panel=sound=texture=visual_damage=1kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=American Pacificatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-300 (FFX)ui_variation=Blankdescription=http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48112.jpgThat solved most of my invisible plane isues in the past.Let me know how it goes.http://southwest.corpmerchandise.com/image...l/200015138.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD