Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Problem with static/AI aircraft

Of late the textures of some static and AI (UT2) aircraft seem to be taking longer to load (in some cases not loading at all). Could something be be blocking or causing the textures to take longer to load? I have been adding a lot of scenery files and I wonder if this may have something to do with this. Two sceneries I've noticed this occurring at is the addon scenery of the Terrace, BC airport and at the default Newcastle, UK airport scenery (which would seemed to rule out overloading FS2004 with addon scenery, if this is even possible, as the culprit).I hadn't fragmented my FS hard drive for quite a while, but I did so recently to apparently no effect...

This is usually a symptom of overloading the video card with textures. These can be ground textures (photoscenery, etc.), AI aircraft textures, or scenery object textures.Hope this helps,

This is usually a symptom of overloading the video card with textures. These can be ground textures (photoscenery, etc.), AI aircraft textures, or scenery object textures.Hope this helps,
Thanks for the reply! My graphic card, a GeForce 7600 GS with 512mb memory. I wouldn't have thought with this much memory, overloading the card would have been much of a problem! What can be done to correct the problem (other than replacing the graphics card which can't be done without upgrading my entire system)? Would re-arranging the order addon scenery is listed in the scenery library do any good? In the case of both the Terrace, BC and the Newcastle default scenery, the problem didn't exist until recently. In the case of Terrace, BC the problem is with a static 737 whose textures no longer load. I found that one way the problem could be resolved is by renaming, moving or deleting the file for the static plane. The texture loading problem at Newcastle is with Ultimate Traffic AI aircraft which, unfortunately, can't be resolved in the same way...

I would assume that turning down your scenery density and/or AI traffic density might help? I don't know of another possible resolution, sorry. Some computer systems just have this symptom.

When was the last time you cleaned out your computer?Maybe your video card is getting hot from dust collecting on it?regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

When was the last time you cleaned out your computer?Maybe your video card is getting hot from dust collecting on it?regards,Joe
Well, I suppose that might be possible, but I only installed the card less than a year (only 6 to 8 months) ago. I don't think there has been enough time for that much dust to have accumlated on it....Scott

I would assume that turning down your scenery density and/or AI traffic density might help? I don't know of another possible resolution, sorry. Some computer systems just have this symptom.
I'll give that a try. The only problem is that I normally have my scenery density set at "normal" (no pun intended)and my AI traffic density set at only 70 percent. Reducing the latter will cause much of the addon scenery detail not to show up at all. I've tried reducing the AI traffic to 50 percent with little to show for it. Reducing it even lower is liable to result in little or no AI traffic at all...still, I'll try it if for no other reason than to see if this is indeed the source of the problem...Thanks,Scott