Sign in to follow this  
Abdulla

Multiple Liv Installed

Hi,Guys I need Help Please, after I installed all the MD-11, B747-4/F and -8i/8F I start FSX and there is a message say:(there are multiple objects with the same title name. they must have unique title names.PMDG 747-8i Qantas simobjects/Airplanes/pmdg747-4), How can I fix this Problem completely???please tell me Quickly, thank you.

Please I need help with that, do I need to remove the second installation from the .cfg file or can I use the installer for the same livery? okay if so, can I remove any one of the two same name or the latest one(in .cfg)? and how to know and remove any left-over files for the second Installation?:) Abdulla Albinali

Something obviously got screwed up/corrupted - I think you're probably gonna have to uninstall and then reinstall everything from a clean configuration.Uninstall everything PMDG related, then go delete any PMDG related folders in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder, and delete the PMDG folder that's in the FSX root.Then install in the order 400X, MD-11, 747-8. Run the sim, make sure everything works, and then go install your liveries.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan, thank you for the response, is this the only way to fix this problem I mean I can't go and delete the entries from (aircraft.cfg)file cuz it will be along way to uninstall and reinstall everything.as I see everything is ok except the double entries, and the most important I want safe and easy way to solve that.thanksAbdulla Albinali

From the issue you described it would take much longer to do that than do as Ryan suggested. Even if you knew 100% of what was causing it, doing the above would be much faster and headache free.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Okay Guys I'am going to reinstall everything, but do you know what the cause of this problem or did somebody had this one before tell me to avoid it next time.by the way I have an Idea for PMDG what a bout do software that install all livery(s) at one time like CLS does?it will be much easier to the users and faster and no need to run the Installer for each(tell me what do you think) and thanks:)

I would like to till you a bout to problems that I noticed 1:the problem is in the Installer file for 747-8i Qantas it self, 2:before uninstall every adds from pmdg I tried to fly 747-8/LCF and there was a problems with panels it's not complete like you can see through the cockpit.also the monitors in the cockpit go black after a while I mean when I start the flight they are working but after 10-15 sec they shutdown???!!what are these problems?someone tell me.byeAbdulla Albinali

Hi Abdulla, Check to see if the battery power and external power is on. There are certain circumstances where you might find your cockpit configuration changes slightly.As for the panels not being complete. It sounds like the texture issue. There is a fix for this, just follow the steps here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi, Thanks Man, two more questions:1-after the uninstalling livery(s) and all the planes when I delete folders that related to PMDG is it gonna effect on FSX I mean maybe cause some errors?2-did repair Installation by FSX DVD(s) effect on the add-on(s) generally?and thanks a lot.;) Abdulla Albinali

Hi again, I am going to tell you about my PC and tell me if it's good with pmdg adds :Sony VaioWindows Vista Home SP2(32-pit)(2.10GHz) Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100HDD 250GB Memory RAM 2GBGraphics Card ATI Radeon X2300(480MHz)

Abdulla, full name please in posts.The short straight answer is, not really.That system is pretty old. I mean it will run them, but chances are you're going to see tons and tons of errors. Out of memory errors like crazy with only having 2gb of ram and a 32 bit OS.The other hardware is quite dated too.

Dan Prunier

Hi,Thanks a lot Turbine777, tell what I need to run FSX and adds in Generally Perfectly, maybe I'am going to buy a new Laptop. tell me all the best system req for fs-x to be run smoothly.Abdulla Albinali ;)

Abdulla, most of us is using OCed i7 or i5 CPUs with at least 4GB of ram, this spec should be called "minimums" if You want to enjoy PMDG aircrafts and have FSX looking nice, of course strong GPU is important either.