Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747drvr

Framerates

I'm flying fs9 for 5 weeks now and i must say, I LOVE IT! There's only one thing that i can't understand. Hopefully someone can help me. After about 1 our of flying my framerate suddenly drops from a steady 24 to 14 or less!? When i save the flight en startup again i'm getting a steady 24 again. How is this possible, and more important, what can u do about it?My system:P4 1700512 MBGeforce FX 5600 ultraWindows 98Thanks!

No stutters or pauses??? :-hmmm Are you using the real weather feature at all? I can only get your performance in the clear sky weather theme with my P4 and Win98Se. Go Figure.

>No stutters or pauses??? :-hmmm Are you using the real>weather feature at all? I can only get your performance in>the clear sky weather theme with my P4 and Win98Se. Go>Figure.Hi Steve,I don't use te real wather feature because it takes to much of the framerates. I prefer to have a smooth flight above eyecandy. I just can't understand why my framerates drop after flying for an our or so. Has it to do something with windows 98?

Guest nhill

This is not confined to WIN98, I have XP Home and I have the same problem. And it doesn't seem confined to any video card either. The best explainatiion I can come up with is it's some kind of texture memory clog-up. I'm looking for some (easy/fast) way for FS9 to dump it's texture memory and rebuild it. By saving and re-starting a flight I think that's whats being done, but is there a faster way? There have several threads talking about this issue but nothing definitive has been forthcoming so far as I can tell.

Guest 747drvr

Two words (maybe three) POSSIBLE MEMORY LEAK

Well, you're certainly not the first one to experience this problem. It's clearly a serious bug with FS2004 and I've seen a lot of posts about the same problem here and at other forums. Clearly warrants a patch from Microsoft.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest 747drvr

yep, i explained that in a previous thread and was called a troll.If only people would listen get together and in a ploite way demand ms to look at it. but that will never happen. makes me wonder if that the people who defend it add-vomit are the ms people.