Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

Beta Tester's Perspective

Bryan tells me he's just put version 1.0 up so it's time to share a few thoughts on FS2Crew for the PMDG Jetstream 4100 (Button Version). This is another seamless integration with the JS41. What you're getting here is the ability to simulate crew resource management without having to use your voice. As with other FS2Crew "button" products, you gain the benefits of having a copilot, which is extremely helpful in an airplane as complex as the JS41. Your First Officer does the walk around, performs his flows, reads the checklists, and will professionally remind you when you haven't performed yours. He will also remind you very professionally when you're asking him to do something that might bend the airplane, such as lower the landing gear while you're too fast.My first departure with the button version of FS2Crew for the JS41 was a wonderful thing...I switched on the lights, pulled out onto the runway, blipped the controller button to call for the Departure Check -- Below The Line, and lined up while the FO did his thing. Brakes on, he calls "Departure Check Complete", and I hit the button again to call "Set Power" then advanced the power levers and released the brakes. One more blip of the button at 70 knots, to call "My column" and next thing I knew, we were airborne. Another blip of the button for "Positive Rate, Gear Up" call, then I activate the autopilot, and check the power is set with temps at the hash marks so the FO can pull the condition levers back for climb power. You get the idea. The busy times in the cockpit are no longer a test of how fast you can scramble, they're calm, smooth activities that FLOW. This is, as far as I'm concerned, a must have product.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been beta testing this new addition to the FS2Crew family over the past few weeks, and I can honestly say that I've had a blast with it. As Kurt points out, Bryan has managed to make the interaction with your first officer and cabin crew completely believable using just two keyboard keys (or joystick buttons) - no small feat.Out of all the FS2Crew releases I have used so far, this one has the best user interface, presenting a lot of features and options in a way that make them very easy to understand and use. While reading the manual is still highly recommended - there are a few setup steps and tips that you do not want to miss - you can expect a very quick learning curve with this product. For those who are, for whatever reason, hesitant to use the voice control version, this package offers a very capable and enjoyable alternative!