Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KenWood

Fly! Legacy bug reports - Where?

Hi Laurent, Didier, et. al. Where would you like us to begin posting bug reports for Legacy? Here or over at the SimVol forum? Right now, four things are standing out right off. 1. If I goof the keys & Buttons settings, and click on the default keys or buttons, the entire section clears, not resetting to default assignments.2. Pause does not appear to work for me - especially in the air.3. Flyhawk - brakes - near immediate stop once on runway.4. Podded scenery from Fly! II - displays fine - but elevations from the podfile do not appear to take precedence over default elevation file, and thus plane is crashing once I release slew mode, and must restart the sim to clear it. Laurent: Is there information on how to place the Legacy aircraft from your website into the sim ? I made assumption that the podded Seneca V and TB10 would function fine as podded, but moment I select aircraft from vehicle menu, the sim CTD's on me. Does one require the original dll files from the Fly!II versions to be placed in modules\pc folder? Aside from my Thrustmaster joystick not being recognised as other than a microsoft pc joystick, the sim is looking quite good on my Win7 64bit system.Many Cheers!Ken

Guest laurent

Hi Ken,As for the bug reporting, I'd suggest here or at the simvol forum. Both forum are regularly scanned, even though the simvol one gets more frequently for there's more people around there to help us noticing bugs report ...1) right : the feature is not implemented2) idem (1) : right now I tend to use the slew key3) brakes can be tuned in the special PHY file we've created to tweak the values of an aircraft avoiding the changes in the main script files such as WNG, WHL etc ...If you edit the PHY file you'd find a Kbrk tag that can be adjusted to 0.5 to make the braking more realistic (when changes are done save the file in the world folder)4) notedHow to mount other aircraft from my repository ? Well, those aircarft were functional in a previous development stage but as things have changed most of them need a revamp to be used. As time goes on, I'll post them when they are tuned.Right now I'm preparing the PDQ3 ULM.As for the joysticks not being recognized I solely hope that someone will take this in charge for I have just one type and cannot do all the tests needed to adapt the sim ...Thanks for the feedback.All the best

Hi Laurent, Didier, et. al. Where would you like us to begin posting bug reports for Legacy? Here or over at the SimVol forum? Right now, four things are standing out right off. 1. If I goof the keys & Buttons settings, and click on the default keys or buttons, the entire section clears, not resetting to default assignments.2. Pause does not appear to work for me - especially in the air.3. Flyhawk - brakes - near immediate stop once on runway.4. Podded scenery from Fly! II - displays fine - but elevations from the podfile do not appear to take precedence over default elevation file, and thus plane is crashing once I release slew mode, and must restart the sim to clear it. Laurent: Is there information on how to place the Legacy aircraft from your website into the sim ? I made assumption that the podded Seneca V and TB10 would function fine as podded, but moment I select aircraft from vehicle menu, the sim CTD's on me. Does one require the original dll files from the Fly!II versions to be placed in modules\pc folder? Aside from my Thrustmaster joystick not being recognised as other than a microsoft pc joystick, the sim is looking quite good on my Win7 64bit system.Many Cheers!Ken
Hi Ken,Regarding item 3) the brakes.The brakes could remain on after pressing "Shift + B". Pressing "Shift and B" again releases them.Cheers,Frank

Thank you, Laurent and Frank! I will try to post over on SimVol more frequently. Right now am still trying to figure out what is necessary to get the Legacy Seneca V and TB10 running.Will be trying Seawind under fly2files area with the older dlls in place and see how she does. Once I find all the goodies on the Legacy pages, will see what I can do to help port Seawind into Legacy version.Best regards,Ken