Sign in to follow this  
Madair01

737NG A plane too far?

For all the talk about how long it is taking about the completion of 737NG I am starting to wonder whether my computer will hack it anyway. My current set up runs MD11 and J41, the former being a memory hog and the latter a big hitter on frame rates. It copes reasonably well. This is not really a question about my setup, which was a high end machine a couple of years ago but now starting to lag behind,but about the inevitable advance of complexity. I for one do not find satisfaction in the so called "lite" products but if the 737NG is going to be a combination of the aforegoing (MD11/J41) but bigger and better then I don't know that there will be any point in me buying it anyway. Hopefully advances in technology might have enabled PMDG to improve without too much more demand on systems or with further ways to switch a few things off.Martin Madden

So far (as of last update) the PMDG 737NGX performs better than the MD-11 ad J41 due to new techniques.

Guest acezboy561

Pinned right at the top mate!http://forum.avsim.n...e-pmdg-737-ngx/Quote from Robert:

Framerates...We all live and die by them, don't we?We are very far along in terms of loading all the "heavy" stuff into this airplane- and we've been meticulous about preserving performance. I have a moderately strong machine, running a moderately powerful nVidia 260 card, powering two 30" Apple Cinema Displays. (Yes- it's overkill... but when you have to code, debug and manage sometimes as many as 17 chat windows from various members of the team... you need that much real estate.)While flying around turning things off and on, I captured the following image trying to show off the "reflective quality" of the tape attached to the panel in the upper left as well as the brightness of the visible annunciators while in test mode. Then I decided not to use this image because I had accidentally left the FPS counter running...2ltfxab.jpgYeah... This is flying over KTRK (Truckee, CA) on the downwind leg... I've got MegaScenery Earth installed here... and not much else. My traffic settings are mid range... and I'm not running any weather programs...This number is going to come south during the completion of development- I'm SURE of it... But in this same location with the PMDG 747-400X, I'd be lucky to see 30fps. Right now everyone on the development team is seeing exceptional frame rates- but we still have a few more items to add that will weigh in a bit of drag. The ones we thought would kill FPS are already in, however- so there is some room for excitement.Your mileage may vary- but I'll make this my normal test location- and we'll keep you posted on how the number does. I don't know about you- but I find the results thus far pretty darned exciting!