Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Morgan

Resizing aircraft navigation lights

Hi.I wonder if it is possible... I've been flying the stock Mooney for a few months now and have finally got tired of the supernova tail-light.Is it possible to make it smaller? The red & green wingtip lights are about right, which may cause some difficulty- it's just the tail light that looks huge when seen from a few hundred feet away in spot view.Thanks.D

Guest belga1

Hello,Instead resizing (this imply editing a effect and knowledge of the parameters at play!) you can borrow a other light effect and replace the original one by editing the section lights of the aircraft.cfgAlway backup before make changes !Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,nicks_lightfix.zip

This release will automatically replace ALL the Flight Simulator aircraft and airport lights with more realistic ones along with better distance visuals of slower flashing radio tower
Well seem's it's radical .. lolAll default aircrafts lights (and more) will be changed ... Dunno if OP will like ... Regards.bye.gifGus.

G'day Gus,The package is extremely user friendly; you can select whatever lighting effects you wish to adjust. And, by unzipping to a tmp folder, rather than directly into FS, the user has complete control (the default fx and .bmps are also provided as backups just in case ... ).Personally, I found the resizing was just the "bees knees" and elected to install them all. Of course, YMMV. Regards,Dorian

I'm curious, like for POSKY and it's wingflex, is there anyway to make the strobes brighter. Since lights are modeled into the aircraft don't think it's possible, but curious. Is it possible to change the effect, like open up the XML or whatever controls the strobes and replace with a new light effect, rather than just changing the effects in the aircraft.cfg which will only let the strobes be on at one place, so if wings are flexed the lights will be in wrong place etc.

Ahh....Didn't work. I think this, out of the Mooney's aircraft.cfg, is why:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing//light.{number} = {type}, {longitude}, {latitude}, {vertical}, {effect} ,light.0 = 3, -2.65, -18.55, -0.21, fx_navred ,light.1 = 3, -2.65, 18.55, -0.21, fx_navgre ,light.2 = 7, -2.75, -18.65, -0.21, fx_recog ,light.3 = 7, -2.75, 18.65, -0.21, fx_recog ,light.4 = 1, -17.30, 0.00, -1.25, fx_beacon ,light.5 = 4, -2.90, 0.00, -0.25, fx_vclight,light.6 = 2, -5.40, -18.65, 0.00, fx_strobe ,light.7 = 2, -5.40, 18.65, 0.00, fx_strobe ,[flaps.0]The tail light seems to be made from halo.bmp and not from fx_navwhi.fx so it doesn't get resized with the other navigation lights. I can insert a white light in the correct position but the original tail-light still shows along with the new one.Using Nick's lightfix to replace halo.bmp made a difference (and all the lights now look much better) but what I'm really after is some way of supressing the halo.bmp tail-light on the Mooney so I can insert (via the aircraft.cfg file) a fx_navwhi.fx in its place as even Nick's halo.bmp looks too big from a distance. (If you zoom in & out in spot view you can see that halo lights don't change size with perspective like the fx lights do- halo.bmp covers 6 millimetres or whatever of your monitor regardless of distance).Does anyone know if the suppression / removal is possible?Cheers,D