Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaelohalloran

Help With World Of AI Please

Hi guys, i got WOAI working with FS9 without any problems, well atleast i thought i did.. I followed everyones tips to get the traffic showing up on FS9 but here is my problem.When at say JFK i see traffic but not as much as there should be for JFK, There are lots of spaces that do not have traffic...Also, when i went to KDTW, i saw absolutly no planes, there wasn't one of the ground, i have a good range of US carriers installed that fly to DTW but there is not any there atall.I know Delta mainly operate DTW now, is there a way to have Delta fly the routes they do today on FS9 at KDTW?I will be ever so grateful for some help :) thank you :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go into FS9, in the settings page, click on traffic and move the "traffic percentage" slider up untill you start seeing traffic!Failing that... I have no idea.... have you checked the Delta flighplans to make sure that KDTW has a/c flying out of it?

I have the slider on 100%, i haven't checked the flight plans nope, I'm not sure if the update has delta flight plans going to DTW like they do in real world today.

I have the slider on 100%, i haven't checked the flight plans nope, I'm not sure if the update has delta flight plans going to DTW like they do in real world today.
To make sure you have all the airlines installed for the airports you visit, go to the WOAI website and find the tap at the top of the page called "WoAI Airports" and click on it. Then when the new page opens, type in the ICAO code of the airport in question, like KDTW, and it will tell you which WOAI airline packages fly into that airprot. Then you can make a list of those packages and check them against what you have installed. Chances are you may have missed some and are not getting all the traffic at those airports you want.If you have done that and stil dont have enough traffic, then I would check for duplicate AFCADs and see if you have more than one installed for the airports your not seeing all the traffic at.Once you have done both those things and still dont have or cant see all the traffic then I dont know what else to suggest. Except for the fact that in the real world, even the busiest airports dont always have every gate filled. Just look at google maps aerial view of some big airports and you will see that at that point and time the pic was taken, all the gates probably weren't occupied.As an example, go to MSN maps and the satelite view of KJFK. Whenever that satelite view was taken in the day, I counted about 46 empty gates. It looked like the airport was filled to about 70% capacity. For some reason a lot of simmers want AI at every gate, but in real life its not usually like this due to delays, etc.