Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flabberjabber

Anyone seen this before...?

Hi allMy fsx has started doing something strange since i tried to 'overclock' my graphics card...Everything else is normal except the menu items at the top of the screen (i.e. flight, world etc) and the ATC comms window. They look as though they're corrupt or are very dim and therefore almost unreadable.I have since returned the graphics card to it's default settings but i'm left with the dodgy menu and atc window. Everything else is running as it used to.Has anyone seen this before? Hope someone here can help - i'm stumped!Thanks in advanceJamie Borehamedit: I was going to paste a picture but can't work out how! :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not really sure what's happening, but you could try a refresh of your Shader folder.It's located at C:\Users\Your-user-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Just delete that folder, and FSX will recreate it when you Launch the program again.Seriously, I don't know if that will work, but I heard it helps with strange graphical glitches like this one you're having.Maybe another fellow member can point you towards the right direction.Hope it helps!

Hi allMy fsx has started doing something strange since i tried to 'overclock' my graphics card...Everything else is normal except the menu items at the top of the screen (i.e. flight, world etc) and the ATC comms window. They look as though they're corrupt or are very dim and therefore almost unreadable.I have since returned the graphics card to it's default settings but i'm left with the dodgy menu and atc window. Everything else is running as it used to.Has anyone seen this before? Hope someone here can help - i'm stumped!Thanks in advanceJamie Borehamedit: I was going to paste a picture but can't work out how! :)
Hi I get that when I set my card to "performance", but if I go back to a balanced setting it's ok again.David Di Domizio