Sign in to follow this  

Storage folders \ wallets for navigation charts.

Hi,Can anyone please tell me where in the UK I can purchase a folder in which I can store my Jeppesen and Aerad high and low altitude charts?I have searched many websites that claim to have wallets or folders but none of the descriptions are very clear as to what they hold and I don't want to go buying the wrong thing.The charts i'm talking about are the ones measuring about 5" x 10.5" when folded up.So if anyone has practical experience of getting the right thing can they please let me know where they got them from.Many thanks.Steve.

Steve, Sporty's Pilot shop is what came to my mind. I believe they also have a European division so that S&H won't hit so hard. Here's their website so you can give them a look. They carry a little of everything and I'm sure you should be able to find some chart holders to your liking.http://www.sportys.com/shoppilot/

Scott,Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I can't see anything on their site regarding a "European division".In the past I would have probably imported the goods because importing from the USA always represented good value for money but now UK customs have got wise to this and in a vast majority of cases you have to pay import duty on the value of what you're importing and this can add another 17.5% on top of things so it just isn't worth it.Thanks again though for your help.Steve.

This probably won't help Steve but in the US.....The little flimsy blue-plastic "Checklist" binder used by the USAF is very good for Jepp-sized enroute chart with plenty of pockets in thick plastic to hold almost a full set.You might find them on-line at surplus outlet places. Quite handy and they fit in the pocket of your nomex suit.... Timothy