Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Can someone tell me where the Reg # goes on a UK bird.

I'm thinking large letters on bottom of Left Wing. Is it also on the top of one of the wings? Does it matter? Thanks.976DCBA_b.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Raymar ,Have made a few general aviation paints and at least for British and Dutch aircraft have yet to see registration numbers on the upper ( right ) wing . Airliners.net is usually my first port of call when looking for photo's .I don't know if your paint is for FS 9 or FS X but one quirk of the Archer is that while the underwing registration shows up in FS 9 it doesn't in FS X while both versions use the same textures . Even converting to DDS doesn't make a difference . John

And what a beauty this Bonanza F33 is:smile: I cant wait to test my new paintwork.Many Thanks to Ray fo painting my bird.I did speak to you toady ray but just to confirm i found this paragraph in a 2002 caa doc.

2 Position and Size of Marks

2.1 The position and size of marks on heavier than air aircraft (excluding kites) shall be as

follows:

a) on the horizontal surfaces of the wings:

i) on aircraft having a fixed wing surface, the marks shall appear on the lower

surface of the wing structure and shall be on the port wing unless they extend

across the whole surface of both wings. So far as is possible the marks shall be

located equidistant from the leading and trailing edges of the wings. The tops

of the letters shall be towards the leading edge of the wing;RegardsSteve

Hah cool! Thanks for researching and then posting that, Steve! I've often wondered that myself.
No problem.RegardsSteve