Sign in to follow this  
axelb9

Pablo Diaz HD Cloudset question

I just realized that the package in the title does not provide a new HD set for stratus and thunderstorm clouds althought at least stratus should be there based on the description. Do you still use the default ones or is there some good suggestions to upgrade those cloudsets as well.Thanks,Alex

I just realized that the package in the title does not provide a new HD set for stratus and thunderstorm clouds althought at least stratus should be there based on the description. Do you still use the default ones or is there some good suggestions to upgrade those cloudsets as well.Thanks,Alex
Pretty sure it does have cloud textures: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35013&page=1Otherwise Active Sky and Real Environment Xtreme are good also.

Pretty sure it does have cloud textures: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35013&page=1Otherwise Active Sky and Real Environment Xtreme are good also.
I am not sure you got my question. I know it has cloud textures it is primarily a cloud texture set. However it does not seem to have stratus or cumulonimbus clouds even though it claims to have stratus in the description of the freeware. Thanks anyway maybe someone else replies who actually uses these textures. I am intigued what they use for stratus and cumulonimbus.Alex

Alex,if my memory serves me, cld*.bmp, stratus*.bmp and cumulonimbus*.bmp files do not get used by FS. The main file that contains all clouds except cirrus is the cumulus01.bmp. Besides that, the cirrus*.bmp are also used but that's it. You could easily test that by painting all cld, stratus and cumulonimbus bmp's in different solid colours. If you don't see them in the simulator, then my memory is still working and those files are useless. :rolleyes:Regards,Jure

Alex,if my memory serves me, cld*.bmp, stratus*.bmp and cumulonimbus*.bmp files do not get used by FS. The main file that contains all clouds except cirrus is the cumulus01.bmp. Besides that, the cirrus*.bmp are also used but that's it. You could easily test that by painting all cld, stratus and cumulonimbus bmp's in different solid colours. If you don't see them in the simulator, then my memory is still working and those files are useless. :rolleyes:Regards,Jure
I must conclude you are right. I got deluded by a cumulonimbus set I downloaded that was for FS2004. My only joy now is that the author of that package is the one who really got deluded :( In this case I must conclude that the Pablo Diaz package just does not do it for me. It is just too harsh and looks pasted on the sky when used together with the bloom effect. I actually prefer the softer looking original ones. Hmm...Alex