Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

PSS has done it again with their A330/340...

These aircraft are some great birds and is a must have for any big iron flyer. What I like most about these planes is how framerate friendly they are. PSS hasn't done what many developers do and that's break the wheel when bringing out a new aircraft. What I mean by that is PSS had a winning formula with their A320 series. They retained the basic virtual cockpit (although it's not complete in it's latest incarnation) from the older A320 design (I know Airbuses have the same cockpits) which means great framerates. Many would have redesigned the VC with unnecessary candy due to it being an FS2k4 release versus a 2k2 release and totally blown it in the framerate department. What PSS has done is give us a new design for FS2k4 that should be the best performer on verious hardware of any new release yet....Now these are things I hope the guys at PSS fix:1. Virtual Cockpit isn't complete. If you pan around in the VC towards the back you'll notice walls aren't filled in or just missing. This is totally opposite of the completed A320 VC.2. VC night lighting doesn't work (at least on the models I flew), you'll only find the 2D panel lite at night...3. Autopilot has a nasty habit of disconnecting while in flight.4. External model doesn't have any passenger seats. When doors are opened the plane looks much like a freighter on the inside versus a passenger jet...5. Some have reported the A340 is a little over powered.Great plane with minor problems, thanks PSS...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest lawyerpilot

Theses problems are true...and the flight model on the A330 is way off. Flew Flight Safety Long Beach full motion sims in the spring. The nose attitude is way too high for given airspeeds. Stall occurs too easily on takeoff, not enough power, played with load config, no result. Also, can't recover from stall, which I thought was a FS9 problem with the new parameters. But, please don't release a payware product with a 2k2 flight model. Figure out the problem and adjust before releasing....

Guest crashing_pilot

>These aircraft are some great birds and is a must have for any big >iron flyer.>Now these are things I hope the guys at PSS fix:good to see you at least like SOMETHING....you're flying it in fs2k2 i presume?

It amazes me that a guy writes that he likes something and then someone has to blow holes in it. Let the guy enjoy it and dont think that a $50 game and a $30 dollar add on will be as good as a full motion simulator that costs millions. If he is happy who are you to try and take that away. Move on.Andrew

1. Virtual Cockpit isn't complete ?2. VC night lighting doesn't work ?Any official word from PSS why this is happening ?SteveCYYZ

Guest mda

The 340-300 is definately not overpowered in real life.

Guest BigginOnTheBump

I have to say this is one of the most complicated aircraft I have ever attempted to fly (in an FS enviroment). I have been a licenced Private Pilot with IR and Night Rating since 1987 and I haven't even got past the Flight Systems manual yet!Have to say it looks like these guys have released this product a bit too soon. There appear to be a number of bugs with these new A330/340 models which should have been sorted out during beta-testing prior to charging people to download them.Where is the A340 tutorial? Looks like I'm going to have to rely on the A330 tutorial for now (apparently one is now available to download from the PSS website)

Guest panzerschiffe

>4. External model doesn't have any passenger seats. When>doors are opened the plane looks much like a freighter on the>inside versus a passenger jet...The external models already are overblown polygon-count wise since they cut out the windows. Adding several hundred seats in there would have made the model practically unusable for most people out there without a top of the line systemm.The models use almost reach the 60,000 poly limit anyway, and they wouldn't have enough to put in all the seats.