Sign in to follow this  

Guest freebird77
No all you did was say this he's link was obsolite and blablabla.... and is there a problem with me being here?
It is somewhat strange that you are so fasinated by what I say, and its a little weird.I hope your not going to start sending me pictures and stuff...:Shocked:

you again? don't you have something else to do other than arguing over the internet? come on, get a life

It is somewhat strange that you are so fasinated by what I say, and its a little weird.I hope your not going to start sending me pictures and stuff...:Shocked:

Guest freebird77

You two again trying to pick another fight?Shame%20On%20You.gif I'm only asking since you both have just entered yet another thread with the nothing really to say about the topic other than to make personal attacks.Or is it that your big ego got busted over a simple discusion about hardware and you haven't figured out how to just let it go?Rather than trying to bait or mislead people in this forum, why not grow up and find something accurate and useful to say. If you can't do that please just go play with your Nintendos.:Peace:

You two again trying to pick another fight?Shame%20On%20You.gif I'm only asking since you both have just entered yet another thread with the nothing really to say about the topic other than to make personal attacks.Or is it that your big ego got busted over a simple discusion about hardware and you haven't figured out how to just let it go?Rather than trying to bait or mislead people in this forum, why not grow up and find something accurate and useful to say. If you can't do that please just go play with your Nintendos.:Peace:
We're "attacking" you because all you do here is you tell people negitive things. You're the one who had nothing on topic to say besides that website is subpar? At least I had a decent and on topic thing to say.

Interjecting here: it looks like the 68xx line is designed to compete with the GTX460 and GTS450 in the price vs. Shader clock and speed game. Here's what NewEgg's got right now on the 68xx line: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709+600083901&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Guest freebird77
Interjecting here: it looks like the 68xx line is designed to compete with the GTX460 and GTS450 in the price vs. Shader clock and speed game. Here's what NewEgg's got right now on the 68xx line: http://www.newegg.co...pe=&srchInDesc=
Great hardware for the price. Too bad it doesn't support FS as good as we would like.

Great hardware for the price. Too bad it doesn't support FS as good as we would like.
Well next month the 69xx line will released, and if the stock clocks for the 6870s are already 900MHz, I wonder if the 69xx will start at 1GHz or higher Praying.gif . OC to1.6GHz and will effectively be faster than a GTX480 (the 480s Shader Clock is 1401MHz, what FSX enjoys, and remember that ATI cards have the Shader Clock locked at the same speed as the Core Clock, thus the reason an OC on ATI may pay off.)

Well next month the 69xx line will released, and if the stock clocks for the 6870s are already 900MHz, I wonder if the 69xx will start at 1GHz or higher Praying.gif . OC to1.6GHz and will effectively be faster than a GTX480 (the 480s Shader Clock is 1401MHz, what FSX enjoys, and remember that ATI cards have the Shader Clock locked at the same speed as the Core Clock, thus the reason an OC on ATI may pay off.)
Sweeet! there allready out. I'm really wodnering about the HD6970 though.. I was reading through this review http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2010/10/22/ati-radeon-hd-6870-review/1 and looks like the HD6870 out performs the GTX470 in a few games and it takes a lot less power. I wonder what that means for FSX... obviously no benchmarks yet in fsx...

Guest freebird77
1.6? :Hypnotized: maybe with some ice.Sigh…ATI have been consistently enjoying great potential, it’s just that when it comes time to dial in the IQ in FSX that things seem to always fall apart. It will be interesting to see what lies ahead when Flight comes out and ATI once again (hopefully) supports the series. Until then no matter what ATI comes out with, it seems to pay to stick with the Green Team.Good review of both new ATI 68XX cards Here which show exactly what the OP said is true (these are really more like replacements for the 57XX becauswe they dont compete with the 58XX.But at the pricepoint I wouldn't complain, just look at those DX9 benchies...

Wrong.If that were true what explains why the 6870 is slower than the 5870? Becausee it was meant to replace the 57XX not 58XX.See how confusing it is?The original poster was correct, do some research, the benchmarks already show this to be true which is why the info was posted.
FreeBird77,Good post. AnandTech and other sites have tested these mid range boards. Reviews and facts here:http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6870-radeon-hd-6850-barts,2776.html (benchmarked against 5850, not 5870)http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/10/21/amd_radeon_hd_6870_6850_video_card_reviewhttp://www.anandtech.com/show/3987/amds-radeon-6870-6850-renewing-competition-in-the-midrange-marketKeep on "trolling", FreeBird77! :Applause:

I didn't see this link:http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/37286-amd-radeon-hd-6870-hd-6850-review.htmlLooks like it sits around the performance of the GTX460 1GB/768mb depending on which model you look at.

5600x, 6800xt, Samsung Odyssey HMD+

It's been about two weeks now and the 6870 has a lot of good reviews on it (check out the reviews on the ASUS card.) One review said the 6870 is 60% faster than the 5770 and only 12% slower than the 5870.